Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia - auto locks doors after 1 minute

Options
  • 21-01-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

My Octavia auto locks the doors after 1 minute whether keys are in the ignition or not.

Any any idea what this is? Does the same with both fobs.

Is there a setting somewhere or will I need a mechanic or Skoda themselves to look at it?

Im going to lock myself out of the car at some stage I think.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If this is when you open it and leave it for a minute without touching it, that's fine in most car. If you are opening it, hopping in and closing the door and then it locks it sounds like you definitely have a problem (it's not a seting I've heard of and seems to have no merit).

If this is the case step one is to find out if it's common (which I suppose you are) and if it is a unique problem, I'd bring it to an auto electrician. If you have an aftermarket alarm, Id' consider switching it off temporarily to see if this is what's causing the problem

next time you start the car press the door lock button - on the front panel hold it down. This should disable this security setting, this works in most cars - check your manual if this doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

There is an option to set for autolocking but that normally causes the locks to activate once a road speed signal is seen by the control unit. It sounds like yours has a fault. It could be an option but I have never noticed it and would be surprised. If I get a chance later I will check. Maybe if you get the autolocking turned off it may cure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As cantdecide posted, it is normal for a Skoda to relock after a short period provided NO doors were opened since the unlock button was pressed. VW & Audi models do exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

my octavia fob only unlocks the driver door, unless you press the unlock button a few times...annoying.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    As cantdecide posted, it is normal for a Skoda to relock after a short period provided NO doors were opened since the unlock button was pressed. VW & Audi models do exactly the same.

Hi crosstownk,

From what the OP posted it sounds like he is unlocking with the fob then it will re-lock while the key in in the ignition. I would assume he is opening the door to put the key in the ignition, or am I reading that wrong?

Faulty door switch maybe?

Maybe he meant it does it when he does not open the door and when he drives away.

kindalen wrote: »
    my octavia fob only unlocks the driver door, unless you press the unlock button a few times...annoying.

That is selective unlocking and can be coded out. I too find that annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

how can i go about coding it out?any links?
    thanks mr d.

how can i go about coding it out?any links?
    thanks mr d.

No, sorry, it is done serially with a scan tool like vag com or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hi crosstownk,

From what the OP posted it sounds like he is unlocking with the fob then it will re-lock while the key in in the ignition. I would assume he is opening the door to put the key in the ignition, or am I reading that wrong?

Faulty door switch maybe?

Maybe he meant it does it when he does not open the door and when he drives away.
    Sorry, I missed the bit where the OP stated 'ignition on or not'

I'd go with the faulty door switch theory for openers (sorry for the pun:D). The OP may be able to verify this by watching to see if the interior light comes on, although this is not a definitive method of diagnosis. But if the OP is turning the ignition key to on, then it could be a more complex problem - it may lie in the door control unit. I've seen plenty of these display faults due to water ingress in the door - corrosion on the multiplug connector - I'm sure you've seen it many times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

That's standard, all current VAG cars with RCL do it.

Advertisement