Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game piracy killing PC gaming

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Xbox will soon find piracy, in a bad way.

At the moment, PC piracy is at a high, as you only need a PC to run the illegal game. Once someone finds a way to run a downloaded game from the Xbox hard drive, the same thing will happen as the PC market, piracy wise.

Look at how many people have both an Xbbox, and a PC, and the number will probably be close to how many people run pirate Xbox games.

With the Xbox hard drive, soon someone will cop the magic way, and suddenly start running games from it, like what has been happening on the PC for so long.

Remember when the PC was run off the floppy disc, with no hard drive? What's the bet that piracy then is at the same percentage as the piracy is now with the consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

the only way to stop piracy is to change the way people view it morally. Just the other day my mother, who would hand in a penny if she picked it up inside a shop, asked me to download an album for her.

If people where told that the police where doing nothing about people stealing food, and where only concerning themselves with the big mass stealers, everybody would be doing it. The reason theres order in society is not because we are all good people but because we have fear of the law. If myriads of pirates where being arrested every day I can guarantee you'd see a sharp decline in the number of people downloading illegally. Sure it would still exist amongst the people that where savvy enough to find encrypted and secure methods of downloading but the majority of people using P2P, torrents or fileshare sites would dissappear

Advertisement