Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PaddyPower

• 21-01-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Right a few newbieis Q's...any help would be appreciated!

Ok,prices quoted online can they be used in shops?!

And for an accumulator does that have to be on the one day or can it be spread across a few?!

Thanks,
    Killian

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

prices quoted online can they be used in shops?!

ASFAIK they cant... Be very hard for them to verify etc
    for an accumulator does that have to be on the one day or can it be spread across a few?!

It can be spread accross a few days yes. Months if you so wish and the prices are available but prices may not be available for lesser events until a few days before the event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Yep, any online prices you've seen can be backed in a shop (as long as the price hasn't changed obviously).

Accers can pretty much cover any time scale and be over a number of hours, days, weeks, months or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

afaik, the online prices are the same as those in the shops

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

afaik, the online prices are the same as those in the shops

thats what I was thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well was more asking the online thing cause couldn't find any Basketball prices when I was in ther earlier,when they do have them online!

For the accumulator do you need to specify the exact match or can you just for example Man Uted 2/7 to win?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

kmart6 wrote: »
    For the accumulator do you need to specify the exact match or can you just for example Man Uted 2/7 to win?!
    If you just write Man Utd to win, they will take it as their next game.
    But for less hassle just write the opposition or the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Just ask at the counter for prices on anything you want and they'll quote for you.

On an accer, i'd be specifying the match to avoid arguement afterwards. Also, anytime i bet in a shop, i put the price on the docket and get the staff to tick it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Right I'll do what both of those last two posts suggested,thanks lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

the prices arent always the same in the shops as online with paddy power, on the american football handicaps they go 10/11 online and in the shops they often go 5/6, basically they have to be bit more competitive online in order to attract business. prices for some stuff that is available online mightened be available in the shops at all,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Every single Paddy Power shop or till for that matter has access to the PP website, (except for the odd blip due to weather etc.)

Just to add to what has been said; when betting on a certain team or sport, always specify the sport and at least one or both of the date or opposition.

When taking a price, just remember if united were 2/7 at 12:30pm on saturday and you get down the bookies at 12:45pm they might have been gambled into 1/4, so just remember prices can change.

If you are going to be doing loads of unders/overs in european ice-hockey/basketball/volleyball/tiddly-winks you might be better off backing them through the website, as some of the women havn't a clue who Swansea are let alone HKM Nitra in some Slovak Ice-Hockey League.

k101 wrote:
    the prices arent always the same in the shops as online with paddy power, on the american football handicaps they go 10/11 online and in the shops they often go 5/6, basically they have to be bit more competitive online in order to attract business.

Not true at all, the handicaps are subject to an awful lot of changes, this might be through competitiveness, however it will always be the same price throughout all the channels shop/internet/wap, basically one company = one price.
    k101 wrote:
    prices for some stuff that is available online mightened be available in the shops at all,

Thats true to an extent, sometimes they run specials which are for internet only and some that are for shops only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

healio

for years paddy power used to go 10/11 each side on the handicap on some american sports on the internet but they only went 5/6 in the shops.. That is a fact. They might have changed it recently. i wouldnt know as it has got to the stage where they wont take a bet off of me in the majority of their shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

How does an accum. work with paying out then, are the odds simply multiplied or is it more complex? Do all forecasts have to come true to get any money back? Also, do you have to pay extra for every extra forecast? eg. if i picked out 4 premiership teams to win and wanted to do a e2 accum, how much would the bet cost?

Also, if doing a double or triple etc, do you have to pay extra for each forecast? I'm not really sure what each entails exactly. Finally, what are yankees and super yankees? and out of all the above mentioned, what do you think are the best value/ safer bets etc.

Alot of questions, I know.:)

k101 wrote: »
    healio

for years paddy power used to go 10/11 each side on the handicap on some american sports on the internet but they only went 5/6 in the shops.. That is a fact. They might have changed it recently. i wouldnt know as it has got to the stage where they wont take a bet off of me in the majority of their shops.

So were you in a shop and on the internet simoultaneously to verify that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭raheny red

kmart6 wrote: »

Ok,prices quoted online can they be used in shops?!

I had this problem with William Hill a couple of months back, I posted a thread on here about it. AFAIK their prices online and in-shop are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

k101 wrote: »
    healio

Why wouldn't they? Most of the shop customers are idiots. I'd say many wouldn't know the difference between 10/11 and 5/6.

I am just making the point that most of the sports are only availbable on the internet, i.e. they are not on display in the shops, so how can they be different prices if they aren't even on display??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Regarding internet prices versus shop prices. I recently did a treble with potential return of about €500 across a couple of different sports. Wasn't a straightforward team x to win ie

Over 2.5 goals in an SPL game
    Rugby team minus h/cap
    NFL team minus h/cap

Only the rugby bet was displayed in shops (including on the pricing/results terminals). I chanced my arm and filed in the docket using internet prices. Bet came up leading me to 12 hours of worrying whether I would be paid or not. When I went to collect, there were no questions asked, cash was paid out. So in short I reckon that just because it's not displayed in shop doesn't mean they won't take it but in doubt ask in shop and they can ring up and get prices.

While I'm here, I have selected the folowing for today (all prices with PP)

Worcester -2 pts vs Bristol @ 4/6 (h/cap is at -4 points @ 10/11 but used alternative h/c on internet - must verify with shop)

Villa to beat Blackburn @ evs

Hibs HT/FT v Gretna @ 5/4

Pays 13/2 - €70 on for return of €525

Advertisement