Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Taking Too Long?

Options
  • 21-01-2008 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

i am supposed to be recieving a replacement sam-card in the post and this was posted last monday i have been assured, yet no sign of it ithrough my letterbox although i recieved a bill from the same company today dated 18th january.

so my question is are items regularly delayed in the ordinary post? is a week(7days) a long time to be waiting for post from ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are you referring to post within the Republic of Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yes posted last monday from the company offices in dublin to carlow and not recieved yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Our post seems to take forever, it's like they "save it up". We'll get nothing for three or four days & then a couple of things (usually bills).

Over Christmas we had nothing from the 23rd December until the 9th January when we got about a dozen items.

I'm currently waiting on a package which was supposed to be here on Friday & there's no sign of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

when you say sam-card, i'm assuming you mean sim card. its not a 3 sim card is it? they come from scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

oops excuse my poor spellling yes a three sim-card which i was told had been posted from Ireland so i assumed dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You'd be quicker going into a 3 shop and picking up a sim card.

It's possible someone in the postal service along the way, felt a card inside the envolope, assumed it was a credit card and opened it for themself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

gillo wrote: »
    You'd be quicker going into a 3 shop and picking up a sim card.

It's possible someone in the postal service along the way, felt a card inside the envolope, assumed it was a credit card and opened it for themself.

yes this would be quicker but they might try to charge you. don't let them of course

edit:customer care will charge you with a credit card, not the shop staff

Advertisement