Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Heroes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Another meh here. I'll try it since it's free, but I can't imagine it'll get anything other than token support and content given it's ad supported revenue method. 2142 had both retail sales and ad-support and they did a bare minimum support effort for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

If its fun people will play it. Also Quake Zero is taking the same approach, so expect more software houses and older games to be tarted up and put out there for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Tf2 ???

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

dazftw wrote: »
    Tf2 ???

Hence the meh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

but hey its free and it will probably have loads of extras.. we shall see how it goes!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I hate the Cartoon look .....I want people to look real when I kill them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looks like it could be fun. if they balance the gameplay to be a bit more "manic" then bf2 (remove tactical play and stealth) it will work with the art style. if it's just tf2 re-packaged with cartoon network art direction it simply won't work and will just drive everyone back to bf2 (which they don't want, because bf2 doesn't generate ad revenue).

something like this could do really well on consoles...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

something like this could do really well on consoles...
    Yeah because the console 'tards can't handle
    tactical play and stealth

:D:D:p:p

Sorry console 'tards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Also read that this is 3rd person. So Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Also read that this is 3rd person. So Meh.

i didn't know that... this basically means EA are copying warhawk more then tf2

You can't copy a FPS, they are all the same (Said this on a BF:H thread in games section).

Everyone needs to quit whineing and be grateful for a free game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Its free,so its worth a go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Its free, but there are extras and what have you to will be available to purchase. So it'll get a bit **** if theres people who buy into this, who'll have tons of extras that we common poor folk wont.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Its free, but there are extras and what have you to will be available to purchase. So it'll get a bit **** if theres people who buy into this, who'll have tons of extras that we common poor folk wont.

The articles say the extras won't give you an advantage.

Advertisement