Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the dentist always right?

• 21-01-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I had a loose tooth (which I thought was the cause of severe pain) extracted on Tuesday last, and while I was there the dentist said I needed a filling replaced on my very last upper molar.I do have gum disease and an appointment with periodontist is on the cards.

After the extraction I realised that the severe debilitating pain-up to my eye, and ears, was in fact coming from said molar, so duly made an immediate appointment for the next day. Bear in mind I have been living on painkillers and had not had a full nights sleep in over a month.Absolute agony.I was waking every single night two or three times to take more pain tablets.

Dentist had a look and said I might as well have it taken out if it was causing me so much pain -hang on, I thought you just said it needed a replacement filling, there is a chunk of amalgam fallen out, so maybe there is infection/debris? Oh well he said, as you have gum disease you will probably lose it sooner or later anyway, so might as well take it out now.

I declined,and decided to go with the filling, against his judgement, as he said it would probably not resolve the pain, I'd be back to have it extracted within the week. Last Thursday I had it filled, and have not taken a single painkiller since. I have NO PAIN whatsoever. I am a bit concerened.....

Oh yeah, while I'm here, can anyone recommend a KIND dentist in the Mullingar area? I'm not too keen on the one I've been seeing.

Advertisement