Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doing up a 30year old house

Options
  • 21-01-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I'm just after buying my first house... w00t!!
    I'm in the process of figuring out the heating. The house is gun barrell upstairs and down... The floor has no insulation.

I was using a cango to get rid of all the screed/scree (I'm not sure how to spell this word... its like concrete but sits on top of the foundation.
    Next step is to get rid of the gun barrell and the screed. I'm using the screed for the foundation of an extension.

We cango'd the whole floor so could put down insulation. We are getting something called l2l or 2l2... its a thin insulation as far as I know. (the walls are getting the insulation pumped into them and the exterior walls are getting some other insulation put onto them from the inside.

The house is a small A style detatched house in the city and for heating we were wondering about underfloor heating downstairs and rads upstairs. Then in the main living room/kitchen/extensio there will be a wood pellet stove and in the sitting room there will be a gas fire...

Does this seem ok or silly?

[edit] After thougth the downstairs will be tile with the sitting room wooden flooring... will we have to get special grout if we go underfloor heating?[/edit]

Advertisement