Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Exchange Betting Demo Event

Options
  • 21-01-2008 5:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am heading to it tonight in Limerick. Anyone been to one before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Can't say I have.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm going to one on Thursday lunchtime.

Let me know how you get on tonight dude.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well I am back and I did learn a number of things. Going I thought we would just be watching a screen but everyone there - only about 10 - had a laptop with €50 lodged in a pretend account. They covered a broad range of issues and then the main feature if you call it that was the Liverpool game. Teaching those present how to lock in profit was the main aim of during the night as well as outlining other features on Betfair that most users would not be aware of.

The guy speaking was head of Betfair education and he knew his stuff! He was not just a Betfair whizz but a computer whizz so he had his bets placed in seconds! Locking in profit all night long on the game.

All in all it was a great night. We got free booze, yes free booze. A copy of Winning on Betfair for Dummies, Betfair cap and as many pens as you could fit in your pockets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sounds interesting. How did you hear about it Keano or are they regular events?

Class, can't wait to go now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Whats the book like? any use? Do you know if they do them in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Just seen that you are in Dublin Erin, Where is it on? Do you have to pay?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My brother was on the Betfair forum and spotted the post so he signed 3 of us up. I am not sure if they are regular events but I will be keeping an eye out on the forum for future dates.

The book I have actaully read before once again thanks to my brother. The book is very good. Packed full of information - it is written by the ex head of communications for Betfair

There was no charge for the event.

Erin - I am not sure how your Betfair skills are but some of the points he covered went straight over my head and I wasn't alone so get in there with your 50 questions ;)

For those you that use Firefox and Betfair have you used any of the add-ons that are available??

James, I was mailed by betfair and replyed expressing interest. It's on in Jury's (now d4 hotels) in Ballsbridge.

It's by invite only AFAIK but I'm sure you'd be able to get a place if you mailed them?

Keano - I'd be handy enough with Betfair but looking forward to seeing any tips and tricks they may have. Have seen the firefox extension but had version problems with the browser. That was ages ago though, I'm sure all issues have been since resolved!

Good to hear you are handy enough. Last night the first person to lock in €5 on the game got a special prize. It was a very nice fleece and t-shirt. They guy who won had no interest in soccer but still won!

• Advertisement
Advertisement