Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do in tipp town??

Options
  • 21-01-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi all,

just moved to tipp town with my bf. trouble is we dont know anyone here!

what need to know is where are the best places to eat here and the best pubs (we both in early twenties!) as we have friends in limerick who are regular visitors!!

i work in thurles and he works in tipp but has his own shop so doesnt works on his own, so we dont know anyone here that we can find out this stuff from!!

any help or advice is really appreciated!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ahhh no no no...nothing to do in tipp town sorry....couple of golf courses and a race track tho..and im sure there is a bookies there aswell...HAVE FUN

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

If you are looking for good home style cooking at a resonable price, then I would recommend "THE SHAMROGS RESTURANT" to eat in, friendly staff, quick service and most of all good on the pocket. They also provide take aways, which is good if you want a Sunday dinner without the hassel, You can ring them up and they will have it ready for you for pick up in good time.

Its located at just up from the traffic lights, around the corner from the Chemist.

You could always take a spin up the Glen for a nice walk around the woods, or climb the Glatees to work off ur dinner afterwards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

I'd recommend the Royal hotel restaurent. Its got good food, is cheap and the staff are very friendly. They serve indian food as well as regular "irish" meals.

Regarding clubs...i suppose Kiely's is the main night club, its quite small though. Keep away from Times Square, actually not sure if this is even still open. The Royal is probably one to avoid also... i was there over xmas and most people were <20 years.

For pubs, nellie o briends on the main street is one of the main young people places. There's some other nice ones also if you're looking for a quiet pint such as Lowrys or Cornys.

Things to do... definatly check out Glen of Aherlow, some lovely scenary there if you like outdoor stuff. Also some nice walks out in the woods in dundrum. The cinema and sports complex are obvious activities also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Food wise, Mary Hanna's is only open until 5.30 but it's the best place in the town centre for lunch. The Golf Links is really good too, out towards the Glen. I haven't really gone out in town for about 5 years, but the Underground (formerly Night Owl) or Nellies would usually have been where we'd head out. Pity Willie Buns is closed.

Best of luck settling in! :)

Do you guys have any specific interests? If so, maybe try to find out if there are groups already running in town and the surrounding areas?

Advertisement