Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invisalign Braces

• 21-01-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

-Dont think dental forum is really the place for this as its about appearance...

Does anyone here have any experience of invisalign braces?

Its been a life long dream of mine to have a lovely big wide mouthed american smile... My teeth are not that crooked, the dentist told me that i have a perfect bite with all my back teeth lining up and 'biting' down on each other perfectly.

My problem is that my two front teeth form a slight V shape (baby teeth got knocked out in accident and stunted growth of adult teeth). The teeth either side of them have become slightly concave as they had a bit of extra room due to V in front teeth, resulting in a 'narrow' looking smile.

Anyway, how did users find them and the end result? Is the timespan for wearing them longer than conventional braces? Anything else i would need to know about them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 S12

I went to an ortho about Invisalign and it turns out Im not a candidate- I only works if your teeth are preety good anyway. Yours sound like they are you might be ok. I don't think it takes very long since it is used on teeth that don't require much moving, but is slower than if you had conventional braces. Also, I was told that you can't get Invisalign if you need any teeth taken out (needed in cases where you have overcrowding) and can only move teeth a few millimetres. You should go get a consultation anyway because they can pretty much tell you straight away if its a no go (like me..sob!). Even if you can't get Invisalign you will be able to get ceramic brackets so you should look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭LouLou1

Yeah the invisalign are pretty much for people with straight teeth, I was told. My dentist straightened my teeth with a white brace, similar to the metal ones, but white. Thought I would be concious of them, but people hardly noticed. He does them in 6 months, anywhere else I went to told me I'd have to wear them for a year and a half to two years. Got them off the week before Christmas and it's the best thing I've ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 S12

6 months!! Thats amazing but I don't see how it's possible! I've been given an estimate of 18 months... should have gone to your ortho! Did you have the usual brackets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kitt13

My sister has invisalign and from what she has told me the progress is individual. She loves it and wouldn't change it for the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Hi i am a dental nurse and i also have braces on. I wanted them but i was not suitable. so i got white ceramic ones instead. Im 25 and i would really care about my appearance and im really happy with the progress and the braces i have. you forget you have them after a little while. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement