Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scallops

• 21-01-2008 5:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can buy these? None of the chaion supermarkets seem to have them at the fresh fish counter and there is no fishmonger that I am aware of near me.

Anyone help? North Kildare/West Dublin area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I am in west Dublin as well and have found that one of the best place to get fresh fish/shell is howth pier, an here is a tip fish get cheaper the further up you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Marks and Spencers have them in their fish section and they also have frozen scallops there which are pretty good. Neither have their roe on them though.

I think I've seen it the odd time in Tesco, not at the fresh fish counter, but where they keep the fish fillets, prawns, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Yeh, you can get them pre-packed in Tesco the odd time, nothing like the ones you get from the Fishmonger though. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

Yuk, I love most seafood but hate scallops. :(

I guess it's a texture thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Asked for them in Dunnes Stores on Sunday and just got a blank stare!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Yuk, I love most seafood but hate scallops. :(

I guess it's a texture thing.

I dust them lightly with flour and then 'overcook' them slightly. Otherwise I find them a bit slimey or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

For anyone in the Bray area who hasn't found it yet, there's a great fish shop run by a couple of Chinese guys opened up in the Village Gate Arcade just off Bray High St. They often have scallops there, as well as unusual things like clams and razor clams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Thanks for that, Alun, I'll be mentioning that to me mammy. :)

Advertisement