Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Ball Poster

Options
  • 21-01-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Has anyone seen the Arts Ball poster.

Down the bottom they have a comparison of the Arts Ball against the Commball.

Extremely petty since the CommBall has pasted and its not like they are competing against them.

Think the Arts Ball is €5-€10 cheaper, and fair enough the Coronas are better than Leman.

But Arts Soc obviously forgot to factor in the following to their poster:

1) You have to put up with the sh1t hole that is the Pavillion instead of the Mansion House.

2) you basically get strip searched for drink on the way into the Pavillion which didnt happen at the Mansion house.

3) The caters at Leopardstown are Masterchef which generally means soggy ceaser salad and rubber chicken, as opposed to a crab and smoked salmon started and proper piece of beef, which you get with "With Taste" at the Mansion House.

4) and it is nigh impossible to ever get taxis from the Pavillion and is a terrible location for anyone who doesnt live southside.

Just showing both sides of the coin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Fair points.

Maybe someone from the CommBall organising could do a press release and send it to the Observer and Tribune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

My advice is to settle this like reasonable men...

Handbags at dawn outside the engineering building! (equidistant between Newman and Quinn)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Id say Arts Soc could totally take C&E. Its a fair enough idea. They are cheaper and thats that. Wont get much sympathy id say as I hear C&E have ruffled some feathers in the society circles this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Grimes wrote: »
    Id say Arts Soc could totally take C&E. Its a fair enough idea. They are cheaper and thats that. Wont get much sympathy id say as I hear C&E have ruffled some feathers in the society circles this year.

Lol, they prob would!

But in fairness a "Speed" 10 mega pixel digital camera is cheaper than a Cannon 10 mega pixel digital camera, but they are far from the same quality, so your argument of, "Its a fair enough idea. They are cheaper and thats that" doesnt really hold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Lol, they prob would!

But in fairness a "Speed" 10 mega pixel digital camera is cheaper than a Cannon 10 mega pixel digital camera, but they are far from the same quality, so your argument of, "Its a fair enough idea. They are cheaper and thats that" doesnt really hold here.

And yet "Speed's" Advertising will say
    10 MEGAPIXEL!! WOW!!!
    CHEAPER THAN CANON!!! WOW!!!
    or something to that effect.

You can't but expect The Arts crew to try advertise as effectively as they can to get the crowds in.

• Advertisement

Students just wana get ****ed drunk and say they went to a ball. Wether its in the mansion house or leopardstown is irrelevant. The cost to a student isnt. I'd certainly hit the arts ball before the C&E anyway. I mean all the bands are ****e so it dosnt really matter, once there is a good smoking section :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Grimes wrote: »
    Students just wana get ****ed drunk and say they went to a ball. Wether its in the mansion house or leopardstown is irrelevant. The cost to a student isnt. I'd certainly hit the arts ball before the C&E anyway. I mean all the bands are ****e so it dosnt really matter, once there is a good smoking section :D
    Then you clearly dont understand the market for the Comm Ball

Perhaps not. Some of us lowly regular student dont have wads of cash :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

At least they didnt do what 3rd B+L did and book the class trip for the same weekend as the B+L ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

mloc wrote: »
    At least they didnt do what 3rd B+L did and book the class trip for the same weekend as the B+L ball...

Well thats on the weekend of the Ball afaik, but they are both on in dublin so just go to bnl ball then tripon the sat...

• Advertisement
Advertisement