Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restaurant Advice

• 21-01-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm looking to book a restaurant for 15 guys for a "stag" weekend.
    We are not you typical stag who only want to get pissed and would actually like a decent meal on the Saturday night. Someone suggested Cafe Sol but looking at the website I'm guessing they may not appreciate 15 men descending on them. I also looked at Matt the Millers but it looks a bit too pub grubby. Is there anything suitable in between?

Thanks in advance,
    Chilly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Matt the Millers is a pub :)

Langton's would easily handle a party that big in the restaurant, and I love their food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I find Langtons food a bit hit and miss. I used to go there every friday but its gone downhill. Would you consider Ripleys Steakhouse?

Went there once. Food was good but the service was brutal - they took forever to actually get food to our table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The portions in Langtons at lunchtime seem to have gotten a lot smaller than they used to be...

Not sure what it would be like for dinner, but worth a go. Italian Connection or Lautrecs would be worth a look too.

If you are after Chinese - try Emerald Gardens or Ming Court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

ripleys steakhouse in the butterslip is the best i love it there would go everynight if i could. all the staff are lovely have beer and wine and the food is fab much better than matt the millers or boston or anywhere else . but thats just my opinion but it is deadly:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

pearls chinese. undoubtedly the best chinese in kk................:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

A group of girls went to Kilkenny last year and all thought the city was brilliant. We had a beautiful meal in a place down a side street, it was big and I thinks was Rippleys.. Is this the same place as mentioned in previous posts :) There was another restaurant near by it but booked out

Yeah that sounds like Ripley's steakhouse - on the butter slip. Entrance is to the side, windows face out over Kieran Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Stephen wrote: »
    Yeah that sounds like Ripley's steakhouse - on the butter slip. Entrance is to the side, windows face out over Kieran Street.

Was fab and will return again when in Kilkenny

Advertisement