Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire problems - Again!!

Options
  • 21-01-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

As from an hour ago, I am now using O2 after over 2 weeks of problems with bloody Clearwire. I was getting delays with my sent emails. Anything from a few hours to a week and some were bouncing back after a week, undelivered. :eek:

I managed to get someone on their online live chat support thingy (now seems to not work at all) and was told they had a problem with spam but did they bother to tell me about this? NO! I only realised the problem when a report I emailed to work on a Sunday afternoon was not received and I got a snotty phone call looking for it on monday morning.

What a useless service! :mad:

I'll be cancelling ASAP.... but am expecting problems with that too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Write a letter to your bank and cancel the direct debit, so at least they can't take your money. Then write a letter to Clearwire, and send by registered post, canceling the service due to their inability to provide it. Don't take any guff about you having to pay out the contract. If they can't provide what you pay for, then they've already nullified the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah, that would be nice, but in reality I don't think they are gonna let you out of the contract that easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Ah, that would be nice, but in reality I don't think they are gonna let you out of the contract that easily!

It's definitely worth a try though - Your probably right in that you wouldn't expect them to let you 'off the hook' that easily but in my experience of relatively new 'Young Turk' companies like Clearwire, if you make a big fuss of it/have a harder neck than your usual stoical Joe Soap, you may get away a touch handier than you'd envisaged

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

I signed up with them August '06 so my 1 year contract is well up. Don't tell me you automatically enter into another 1 year contract...???? :(

And don't ask me why I'm still with them... :o

Anyway, was doing o.k with O2 yesterday until the evening time when it became next to unusable with upload speeds of between 50kbps and 300kbps! :eek: Plugged me Clearwire back in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They may claim that you can't get out of the contract, but that doesn't mean it's legally enforceable. If they can't provide what they agreed to in the contract, then it's finished.
    Don't tell me you automatically enter into another 1 year contract...????
    I'm almost positive that you don't, it becomes a one month rolling contract, so you just give 1 months notice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

I used to have NTL (excellent) then we moved to a new house that had no landline or NTL so we had no choice but to get clearwire.It's absolutely dreadful.Don't touch this company with a barge pole.Hopeless service.total rip off.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

1. Term, Service and Invoices. The term (i.e. duration) of the agreement shall be as noted on the completed Order Form. If Clearwire continue to provide the service to you after the expiry of the term and you continue to use it, then the Agreement will continue on a month to month basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Electricsail

I was using this service for about 6 months, it slowly but surely got worse, eventually not allowing me to use VOIP, which is why I got it in the first place! When I cancelled and returned the kit to them, they charged me for another month. I called them and explained the problems I was having on an ongoing basis. They agreed to refund my bank account with the monthly payment. They never did it, subsequently taking another €100 out of my account, as a "penalty charge for ending the contract early". I sent them a registered letter requesting a refund, they didn't bother to reply.
    Good luck with getting out of your contract!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Funza

I've been with the crowd for 6 months now and am trying to get out of the contract. They are a disgrace. Their customer support is the worst ever, rivaled only by their signal/speeds.

People beware of them. They say they are "not ideal" for those who wish to use 'peer-to-peer' or 'VoIP' applications, by which they should say "almost useless" in my opinion. What use is brodaband if you cant use these services.

I called them last week to complain about their service and basically got nowhere. They sent a techie out to look at my problem and he did a speed test showing that I was in fact getting the download speed I was paying for (1mb), but I did another one a short while ago and got 309kb/s. However, it is my understanding that they have the power to control this in case, for instance, if one was to exceed their download limit (which I didnt) so I think it would be just as easy for them to speed it up to suit themselves.

The techie was an hour late with little attempt of an apology or a call to let me know he was running late; he did not call me back wit further test results two days later when he said he would, and it was left to me to get in touch with them again, upon when I spoke to a 'manager' who was just as unhelpful!!! So it sadly looks as though I will have to fork out the fee of €200 for early termination of contract.

Be warned, avoid them at all costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Funza

I've been with the crowd for 6 months now and am trying to get out of the contract. They are a disgrace. Their customer support is the worst ever, rivaled only by their signal/speeds.

People beware of them. They say they are "not ideal" for those who wish to use 'peer-to-peer' or 'VoIP' applications, by which they should say "almost useless" in my opinion. What use is brodaband if you cant use these services.

I called them last week to complain about their service and basically got nowhere. They sent a techie out to look at my problem and he did a speed test showing that I was in fact getting the download speed I was paying for (1mb), but I did another one a short while ago and got 309kb/s. However, it is my understanding that they have the power to control this in case, for instance, if one was to exceed their download limit (which I didnt) so I think it would be just as easy for them to speed it up to suit themselves.

The techie was an hour late with little attempt of an apology or a call to let me know he was running late; he did not call me back wit further test results two days later when he said he would, and it was left to me to get in touch with them again, upon when I spoke to a 'manager' who was just as unhelpful!!! So it sadly looks as though I will have to fork out the fee of €200 for early termination of contract.

Be warned, avoid them at all costs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 living4mike

I've not seen the evil of a company like Clearwire sense I dumped AOL and here are my reasons.
    1. When I signed up Clearwire put a charge of $45 on my account for a $29 bill twice once for modem and again for the phone to go with it.
    2. I canceled the phone option within the 7 days and Clearwire still billed me.
    3. Called Clearwire and to cancel and found out that by accepting the terms of use to activate the modem that I had just signed up for 2 years.
    4. I had to cancel my Visa card to stop them from dipping into my bank account.

I'm apologize if I offended John Gotti or the Gambino crime family with my comparison.

Where would someone send back the clearwire box to? anyone got an address for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 living4mike

Those Pirates at Clearwire are some cheap SOB's. When I called clearwire they sent me an email with a link to a printable UPS lable to slap on the box that went to Las Vegas Nevada. Clearwire should pay for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Someone I worked with once told me that while using Clearwire for two average downloads he was called by their customer service people and told 'Excuse me sir, but you're using 28% of the bandwidth for your region'.

Do they have an office in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Clearwire are the ****tiest ISP who never got a problem sticky in here , IBB did when they were crap and so did BT over their atrocious billing.

I vote that Clearwire be given their very own sticky pleeease.

Anyone got an address for them in Ireland...want to send them a little parcel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Is it still steaming? With stink lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭MickH503

berliner wrote: »
    Anyone got an address for them in Ireland...want to send them a little parcel!!!

http://www.clearwire.ie/Contact-Us-71.html

Postal Address:
    Clearwire Ireland Ltd.
    Blackthorn House
    Bracken Road
    Sandyford Industrial Estate
    Dublin 18
    Ireland

Is it still steaming? With stink lines?
    It stinks just like their "service".

• Advertisement