Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most users ever online was 3,108, Today at 16:54.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

DeVore wrote: »
    The visitor stats have rocketed. Before, we would crawl to a stop at about 2200 users. Now with the new 5 server rig and 2 database servers we can handle 3100 without breaking a sweat by the looks of it.

Don't be to cocky.....you sound like whoever built the Titanic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

it's more civil normal folks who's feedback could be of value as opposed to the ones who were banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

I think this is great and more power to the servers they are run by some fit hamsters.

Its nice to see the sub money I pay helps out so people sub more :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

çrash_000 wrote: »
    .15%, not 1.5% :) just an order of magnitude off :P

god damm it, this is why i suck at maths :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What are the other stats? How many total members (and active members)? and what % of the population does that equate too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

your damaging the economy devore don't let bertie catch you ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Dub13 wrote: »
    Don't be to cocky.....you sound like whoever built the Titanic.

You mean we're going to crash into an iceberg? :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

http://www.big-boards.com/highlight/108/

On the rankings drop down, select "sort by traffic".

More: http://www.big-boards.com/board/108/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

faceman wrote: »
    Given the growth of the site in recent times, would it be possible somehow to contact previous or stale posters via email to get some feedback on why they no longer post here etc?
    Site performance (seems fixed now)
    Signal/noise ratio
    Size

I'd go into the whole village/city comparison but theres no point as boards works very well and its an empty argument:)
    DeVore wrote: »
    I dont think thats a particularly useful earful either. Many of them were weeded out because they simply dont play well with others and can't co-habitate on our little island on the internet.

I think your being a little harsh on a lot of people who dont post as much as they used to anymore there dev

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This is no country for old men Dustaz.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, you are probably right Dusty, by no means would that cover everyone who doesnt post here. There are people who didnt like the direction we took the site, or who just got bored or who didnt have time or who didnt agree with mod/admin decisions its true. We both know people from the gaming era who dont use this site as much as before or at all!

I sometimes worry about those people but honestly I dont think you can keep all the people happy all the time and while I used to try to do that, I found I was just killing myself over every little row and argument.

Ultimately we just try to struggle on and in the end I have realised that so long as I am comfortable about how things are here and where we are going, thats most of what I can do.

There was a time when I could have controlled all of Boards and everyone knew me, now I find it hard to even be heard let alone have my decisions on "direction" make impact.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow, Dustaz. Now there's someone I've not seen in a long while. Nice to see you pop your head back in. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dustaz wrote: »
    Site performance (seems fixed now)
    Signal/noise ratio
    Size

I'd go into the whole village/city comparison but theres no point as boards works very well and its an empty argument:)

fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Graphs please.

Doesn't matter what they represent, just get some trends and spikes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

dangers.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

stevenmu wrote: »
    dangers.png
    Best inadvertent Google bomb ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hey Dustaz, last we meet I was about to sit the leaving cert, long time no see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

I imagine if boards was running on ASP.net the server requirement would at least double?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Cantab. wrote: »
    I imagine if boards was running on ASP.net the server requirement would at least double?

Charts? Graphs?

Advertisement