Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellet Burners

Options
  • 21-01-2008 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a wood pellet burner that also burns other types of wood?

What I mean is wood such as leftover from cabinet making/carpentry or any other types of wood or is it strictly pellets only. Would (pardon the pun) using anything other than pellets destroy the burner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I've seen one at the ploughing championships alright that can take a few different things. Can't remember now the extent of it's capabilities, but they were advertising the fact that you weren't restricted to the one type, despite that being the most efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Yes, check out the SEI Greener homes website. I know that there was one that you could burn barley, logs or pellets etc there which we only noticed after we ordered our wpb!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Here's a couple i've been looking at. Haven't got prices(not cheap but check around) yet for the Eta but they seem fairly good.
    The Eta hack.
    http://www.shamrocksolar.com/index.php?p=boilers

The Baxi multiheat...about 6 - 7 grand(ex vat but grant eligible) depending on the model.
    www.heatmerchants.ie
    Just search their site for multiheat and it'll give prices.

Advertisement