Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewere to work&travel this summer?

• 21-01-2008 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Any ideas on were to work and travel this summer?
    Went to Hollywood last year so this year I was think going to maybe London or Europe. Any :confused:suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Um... Anywhere in the rest of the world?

Use your imagination! Where would you like to go? Do you want beach, city or mountains? What languages do you speak? What qualifications do you have? Do you want a relaxed lifestyle or a busy one? Do you want to make loads of money or just enough to survive on? Do you want to go travelling too?

You can't just ask for someone to tell you where in the world you should spend your summer. It's a big-ass world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Throw a dart at a map, and then go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 qualstyal

Okay maybe I didn't ask the question properly. I meant what are people's experiences of traveling in London or Europe is it good or bad? Was thinking maybe London!!! Its my first post please be nice!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Europe's a huge place. Asking what it's like is like asking how long the proverbial piece of string is. Where would you like to go in Europe? The more popular places like Spain, Italy, France? Or go a bit further afield, to places like Croatia, Slovenia, Poland? Everywhere is different, they all have their own languages and culture.

As to whether it's good or bad, that wholely depends on what you make of it! I think you'll find most people will report enjoying it, but you have to put a bit of effort in to get the rewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 itchyfeet08

How did you manage to get a visa to work in America? I wanna go this year and I'm not in college so can't do the J1 thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement