Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kinsale Thread

Options
  • 21-01-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Any one got any thoughts on having 3 late bars/clubs in Kinsale?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

There is 3 clubs and 1 late bar in Kinsale and I think its a good choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

To be fair I think it's great having a choice espeically on a busy night, but the thing is this time of the year having so many late night venues in a small town means that when you go to one of them the chances are it's going to be quite and you can't help but wonder are there more people in one of the other places (probably not).

Basically this time of the year is so quite haveing 4 choices dilutes the late night clubbing scene.

Althought it will get better as the crowds come back later in the year

fair point i guess this time of year is quiet

Where is the best spot in Kinsale to go?

As far as clubs are concerned it all goes mainly but not always according to age for example a younger crowd would go to the White Lady, with people over 23/24 tending to go the Bacchus or the Quays. Personally over the last year and a half I thought the Bacchus overtook the White Lady as it was a great place to meet people. In the White Lady it is quite awkward to meet people and get involved in other groups as it’s more like a hall these days with people walking up and down from front to back like headless chickens. There is nowhere to leave a drink and the seating area is cut off from the hoards of people wandering aimlessly around the place. The Bacchus was great as it was easier to mingle with people, better design and various seating areas dotted around the place in every corner.

A pretty good spot to go pub wise is Muddy Mahers usually late on a Friday Night it can be lively with a pretty good live band.

I’d also recommend Hamlets, The Greyhound/Market and Oscars when it’s busy.

Stay well away during the Rugby 7’s!!!!!!!!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Spud Nick

Daltons is a nice bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭coffeepot

Daltons is a nice bar.

+ 1 on

Great staff as well!:)

True, the staff in Muddy Mahers are pretty Cool too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 crackedactor

I've heard bad things about Kinsale during the rugby 7's before, but I've never actually been there for it - Does it just get very busy or is it messy too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

^ Kudos on your username (love the Thin White Duke).

I'm going to rename this thread, folks, similiar to the Macroom one. Feel free to start your own for other areas around the county :)

• Advertisement

I've heard bad things about Kinsale during the rugby 7's before, but I've never actually been there for it - Does it just get very busy or is it messy too?

I'm afraid it's messy and busy, there is mounted Garda on horses, men urinating in the streets (even saw one guy doing it into a girls shoe)

The bars serve drinks into plastic cups, on the Sunday Night you have to queue to get into many of the bars, you also have to get an ID tag for the weekend.

There is always damage to local property.

Lets just say if RTE wanted to fill a 2 hour long Primetime special on excessive drinking and public disorder the May Bankhoilday in Kinsale is the perfect place to do it.

I've being goig out in Kinsale for 10 years now and would be more than hapy to recommend it any weekend of the year except for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Míshásta

JXP99 wrote: »
    I've being goig out in Kinsale for 10 years now and would be more than hapy to recommend it any weekend of the year except for that one

Also the night following the junior cert results. Stay at home. But that goes for every town in the country. :eek:

I'll be working in Kinsale for a few months towards the end of the summer - any good active clubs or societies there that would be good to get to know a few people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jamesy-p

kinsale is a great town for going out at night. muddy mahers has to be the best bar, always good atmosphere and bands at the weekend.

i witnessed some cops takin coke in dalton's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Whats the best pub/late bar/clubs in Kinsale???????

The Bullman in summercove is a lovely bar, and my favourite in or around kinsale. Muddy mahers is good for music and atmosphere. The greyhound is a great old style pub, not much in the line of comforts, but I think it feels right. Im not great for nightclubs, so cant comment on those. There are a few other bars in kinsale too, it depends on what you are looking for. Hamlets gets a good crowd and the atmosphere is normally good there.

Tried Hamlets and Oscar Madisons enjoyed both :)

JP Liz wrote: »
    Tried Hamlets and Oscar Madisons enjoyed both :)

As far as night clubs are concerned

The White Lady if you aged between 13 and 23

The Bachuss if your 24 or older (go after 1am it doesn't fill up until after then plus better quality crowd than elsewhere, no trouble makers either)

Theres a Tom Jones Impersonator playing in the White Lady in October.

Anyone have more info please?

Advertisement