Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build - amazing price from Dabs...if they actually ever send that is

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I have just ordered a complete hardware upgrade for my pc with Dabs. After it sitting at reply to security email for three days dispite all my emails I just cancelled the order. I then placed an order with Komplett and occording to there tracking it has shipped today.

Dont bother with Dabs they are to much hassle. Komplett was only €55 more expensive and I will have the items this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Does anyone know when the new intel CPU's are out? I heard it on here the other day?

That quad looks great if only I could buy stuff of the them bloody security checks.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I have just ordered a complete hardware upgrade for my pc with Dabs. After it sitting at reply to security email for three days dispite all my emails I just cancelled the order. I then placed an order with Komplett and occording to there tracking it has shipped today.

Dont bother with Dabs they are to much hassle. Komplett was only €55 more expensive and I will have the items this week

yeah what is up with this security madness..i had to input the pin on the aib check, this happens after you click purchase and is suppose to bypass security checks with online shops..but nope dabs are just mental...they want me to send a confirmation of the order in writing!! wft...i too am sitting looking at an awaiting reply to our email message
    do they want business? bizzare btw same spec on komplett is far higher in price almost 200quid more

dazftw wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new intel CPU's are out? I heard it on here the other day?

That quad looks great if only I could buy stuff of the them bloody security checks.

they're pre oreder on ocuk..don't buy a dual core one though unless you're purely using for games the q6600 is the best value for money i can see!
    that is until the new 45nm quads come out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I have a dual core at the mo.. I just want to wait for the new cpu's come out and price them!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

Ok clearly dabs are mental....they quite simply do not want the business by the looks of things...so I cancelled everything....then last night saw that ocuk were having a great sale....

£149.99 x 1 - Gigabyte GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GV-NX88T512HP)
    £59.99 x 1 - Asus P5K-E WiFi Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 (MB-241-AS)
    £71.99 x 1 - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Kit (BL2KIT12864AL1065)
    £25.00 x 1 - Thermaltake PurePower 560W Silent Power Supply (W0023R)
    £42.99 x 1 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400GB ATA-100 16MB Cache - OEM (ST3400620A)
    £22.99 x 1 - Tuniq Tower 120-LFB CPU Cooler (Socket 478/754/939/940/AM2/LGA775)
    £10.99 x 1 - Asus DRW-1814BLT 18x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - Retail
    £138.99 x 1 - Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - OEM
    £13.99 x 1 - Razer Krait 1600dpi Professional Gaming Mouse - Retail
    £11.99 x 1 - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 Keyboard (B2L-00005)
    £8.99 x 1 - Zalman ZM-DS4F Dual Stereo Headphones - White
    £28.99 x 1 - Gigabyte GZ-X2 Silver Midi Case No PSU
    £18.99 x 1 - Logitech X-210 2.1 Speaker System

Goods Shipped By: Parcelforce Euro 48.

Comes to 1027 inc vat delivered..very similar spec on komplett was over 1200...so very good deal and it was shipped this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Ordered on monday morning with Komplett delivered today in Galway. I rather pay a few euros more on products for that service. Avoid Dabs..unless u save a lot and have lots of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

what are these dabs security checks for ? i have been buying for years (easily 10) from them and only bought some stuff a few weeks ago. same credit card registered with them for ages. only security I go through is entering my credit card pin no. that the bank pulls up. do these additional security checks only apply if ordering over a certain value ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I've only ever had to use a Verified By Visa thing with Komplett, most times they start picking that day (Mon-Fri Before 6) and ship the next day... Efficiency...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I ordered 2 days ago just wait for the bloody security check thing. I mean wtf I am going crazy. If it doesnt work I go knomplett am getting sick and tired of this rubish. I am building a new pc costing 1100 on dabs and on komplett 1500.

Minus the cpu the new intel duo 2 core E8400 released next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still waiting on an order I placed 3 weeks ago at dabs. Getting fed up now..

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I am posting on from my new machine that arrived this morning from komplett. Ordered on Sunday delivered this morning. Class

This is unbelivable...they obviously don't mind losing tonnes of business to other etailers who are organised. I've never seen anything like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I ordered stuff from Dabs last wednesday and got it yesterday. That's including a 2 day delay for security check. For the prices I'm pretty happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

put in a big order with dabs sunday night around midnight.
    about 4am i got an e-mail saying order accepted etc.
    checked the order on the site and it was in "packing" or packaging or something like that.

wednesday morning the door bell rang.

very happy with dabs. no complains at all! apart from the little price changes etc for .14c

well i just don't get it with some people it seems fine...

baffled

steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I've ordered several times from dabs recently. I initially had the security check thing, but I reminded them I had paid via paypal and no probs after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I ordered of Dabs.ie last week. Looking at it sitting there for 5 days then cancelled it.I chatted to a sales "agent" through their online chat thingy! I think those agents are bots tbh. Thinking of going with ankermann, (similar pc, only 1 500gb hdd instead of 2) is €200 cheaper. 2 of my mates recently got Pcs from Ankermann and are very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055233159 has some disparaging remarks about ankermann...

steve did your parts arrive at all yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

put in a big order with dabs sunday night around midnight.
    about 4am i got an e-mail saying order accepted etc.
    checked the order on the site and it was in "packing" or packaging or something like that.

wednesday morning the door bell rang.

very happy with dabs. no complains at all! apart from the little price changes etc for .14c

Thats very good for Dabs, i usually allow 7 days (5 working days) to Galway with them? What part of Ireland are you? North or South?

snaps wrote: »
    Thats very good for Dabs, i usually allow 7 days (5 working days) to Galway with them? What part of Ireland are you? North or South?

im in the south in tipperary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

after i saw the cheapness of stuff on dabs i thought jees, ill definitely order my stuff fromt hese guys, but all i ever hear about dabs now is 'oh i had to wait weeks' or 'my stuff hasnt arrived yet getting fed up now', so int he end ive ordered most of my stuff off komplett now. It works out more expensive but not by much, and my stuff has generally shipped the same day and arrived at most 3 days later, to be honest my way of thinking is if it saves you weeks of hassle its worth it for that extra 10 or 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The worst experience i've had with dabs is having to wait over a weekend while someone actioned my security check. Now, seeing as no company ships over weekends i didn't mind and saving 50 euros on a psu and 60 on a gfx card I was more than happy to wait. (plus the fact its taken 7 working days for both of my last komplett orders to be delivered -not including picking, processing etc. means that i prob. wouldn't get the stuff much quicker from komplett even paying extra)

Advertisement