Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Ballycasey - want to live in Limerick..

Options
  • 21-01-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am moving to work in Ballycasey in March but as I don't yet drive I would like to live in Limerick on a bus route that will bring me to work. I am from Dublin so don't really have a clue of the different areas!

I will be renting - a one or two bed place. Budget flexible but cannot afford anything too expesinve.

Can anyone reccomend an area that I should look in - bearing in mind the no driving situation.

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

I worked in Balleycasey before, I lived in Caherdavin and just took the bus everyday, not many apartments out that side of the city, you could live centrally within a stroll of the bus station, but imo the hassle of traffic in the morning and the evening just isn't worth it. I was sharing a house in caherdavin, twasn't ideal but it was somewhere to rest my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Thanks for the info. Do you know what bus goes through Ballycasey - I'm not having much luck with the journey planner on Bus Eireann!

any shannon bus should do it, bell bus eireann in limerick, they'll be able to give you the info. just so you know ballycasey is a woeful place, theres a teeny weeny restaurant there, the food is too good i really piled on the pounds, they're all gone now though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

What would Ennis or Shannon be like to live in?

NOT shannon, ennis might be a little cheaper to live in but doesn't have the same kind of nightlife limerick has. Depends on what you are looking for really. Living in Caherdavin suited me perfectly, I was on right side of the city for work and plenty to keep me entertained throughout the week, also if you will be going up and down to dublin with any frequency, living in limerick will take a good chunk off the journey for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement