Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Mortgage Repayment (2008)

Options
  • 21-01-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭

How much is your Mortgage Repayment (€/month)

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (€/month) 289 votes

Under €100 per month
    0% 0 votes
    €100-249
    0% 1 vote
    €250-499
    1% 4 votes
    €500-749
    2% 6 votes
    €750-999
    9% 28 votes
    €1,000-1,249
    15% 45 votes
    €1,250-1,499
    22% 66 votes
    €1,500-1,999
    18% 54 votes
    €2,000-2,499
    17% 50 votes
    over €2,500
    6% 18 votes
    Mortgage paid off
    3% 11 votes
    No mortgage
    2% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Taking a while for folk to take their heads out of the sand for this one isn't it?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Zero. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Its's very quiet on the mortgage repayment front in the land of boards.ie isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

A little under 900 after tax relief. Split with my partner so 460 a month each covers mortgage and insurance.

Could get a rental for at least 1000 a month on my place. Glad I didn't go anywhere near the upper limit some banks where willing to loan me five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I realise that not many people have posted yet but people's repayments seem to be quite managable. If i were to get a mortgage now my repayments would be over 2,000 and closer to 2,500 (not taking interest relief into account). Realistically we're still 2 and a half years from getting a mortgage though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Started off 2.5 years ago at 1500, now up to 1800. I bought by myself so no-one with me to shoulder the payments. This means I have to rent out a couple of rooms, otherwise I couldn't afford to live in my own house!

Might make more sense to ask what percentage of take-home pay goes on a mortgage?

Some mortage repayments can appear astronomical to someone earning half of what that person does.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Nothing. All my money is spent on the necessities such as cheap claret and small cigars. The rest is squandered on food, bills and the ever increasing tax bill.

But if I had a stead wage, I'd probably try to spend about €900 on my mortgage. Anything else is mere decadence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Currently almost exactly €1,000 before relief.

Relief is roughly €150.
    I rent out some rooms and get €640 from that, but that may rise in the future. The tenants also contribute to any services they use (broadband, ESB, gas, bins).

So the net cost to me is only about €210. That's less than what it would cost me to even just rent a single room around here.

Of course I'm tied to the house, so not as free compared to if I was renting, but I'm happy with how it's going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mushroom..

Mine is 916 p/m..
    Split that between 2 and we pay 458 each p/m...just as well cause our mortgage was ****ed up and we ended up havin ta get loans ta cover a 10k solictor bill so i guess all in all its actually €605 each p/m...hard going when we're both in the lower category of wage earners(less than 45K combined p/annum) but sure its worth it ta have ur own nest!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

€1300 after relief; The missus is in college so I get to pay the lot and the bills on top, Leaves me with about 120 max per week for myself. And no saving taking place at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Im probably older than most here, so mine is paid off. Its a great feeling ,though my kids will benefit more from it than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Mine is 220 per month. I dont know how some of you manage, one of my sisters is paying 1300 for a house in tallaght.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Paid off here too - due to my being an oul' one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Bought 2002 was €750pm
    Remortage in 2003 was €900 pm

Marraige Crash 2006 and bought my ex out :mad: Now €1350 pm:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

1130 per month but add relief and its 970 which is quite manageable... and some of the rooms are rented, so my mortgage that I pay is quite low.

This is the place in Ireland, trying to buy a place in Norway at the moment

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Mine is €960, i think after reliefs

but i have a huge home improvement loan as well.

am trying to rent out a room but not have much luck tbh but it will be worth it when it is all mine in 21 years:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Ginger wrote: »
    1130 per month but add relief and its 970 which is quite manageable... and some of the rooms are rented, so my mortgage that I pay is quite low.

This is the place in Ireland, trying to buy a place in Norway at the moment

Hi Ginger what are house prices like in Norway? Did they go through a housing boom also, or how has the market been there? Heard that beer is 7 - 8 euro a pint there, a lot of drinking at home I'd imagine :)

(Apologies this might be off topic, but would be interesting to know prices and mortgage repayments / interest rates in a "wealthy" country similar to ours)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I am living in Stavanger in Norway, similar to Limerick in size and in the fact that is the 4th largest city in Norway... Its also the main oil production place in Norway

New place is about 900sqft about 250,000EUR and the mortgage will be 14000NOK per month between 2 of us.. About a 10 minute walk to the city centre and everything is close, parking, yadda yadda..

Bit more expensive than say Limerick for an apartment but cheaper than Dublin...

Housing boom... couldnt tell you at the moment.. but if you go to www.finn.no you can look at the house prices around different areas for a comparison..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oscas

My mortgage is 1007 euro per month excl mortgage relief.

It's a 2 bed apt and I got it on the affordable housing scheme so I feel lucky to have anything at all. Thankfully I can afford to live by myself for the next few months but will be renting out the other room soon. I know the Council say you shouldn't but unfortunately most people can't afford to take 1007 euro per month on their shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just under 1200, with relief. Got a 10 year fixed rate, 2 years ago. Could be crying or laughing about this in the next few years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well min was 1165.41 but now 1190.60 coz interest rate not is 5.29:mad: i think but older was 4.99 dont really know how i can get fix rate so it dont climb up again and its really hard for me to mange this payment/month

I am hoping alot of you aren't on silly Standard Variables & if anyone is about to come off a fixed rate and need advice for what to do next just post here or pm me. Be warned, if you were on a 2-3 year fixed rate and are about to come off it expect a significant increase. Mortgage rates have gone insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kevin1985

Mine is 800 per month which is roughly 30% of take home pay, doesnt sound too bad, but I have recently changed job so I moved from the sticks to West Dubin and now have to rent my home at approx 600pm

I now have to rent a room in a houseshare as despite having a reasonably well paid job I cant take out a second mortage as my first home is in negative equity.

:(Guess im just going to have to wait for something to pick up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Im probably older than most here, so mine is paid off. Its a great feeling ,though my kids will benefit more from it than me.

I would love to be in your shoes. 49, and 8 years to go. Now we have to shift house so it's back up to 10 years. €650 p/m after relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 valz08

I am currently in the process of applying for a mortgage. i know it's not a great time to be doing this but when is really.

im going through a mortgage broker and the 1st mortgage offer came back at 1,367 per month plus they will only give 92% so i had to get a personal loan of 20,000 which is 400 per month so my total repayments per month will be 1,767 per month :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 navanman2008

Mine is 710 per month - hopefully it will go down!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Mine's €1470 per month.....only another 32.5 years left........

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

valz08 wrote: »
    I am currently in the process of applying for a mortgage. i know it's not a great time to be doing this but when is really.

im going through a mortgage broker and the 1st mortgage offer came back at 1,367 per month plus they will only give 92% so i had to get a personal loan of 20,000 which is 400 per month so my total repayments per month will be 1,767 per month :eek:
    You could save for a few months and reduce the personal loan substantially.

Prices might be quite a bit lower in a few months also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

Ours is €1600, which is about 30% of our monthly take home pay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement