Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my Pc PCI Express..?? Which Slot to put card in? the black one? see attachment!

Options
  • 21-01-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

THE GeForce 7600 GT IS PCI-E DVI
    My device manager tells me my ATI Radeon 200 series is PCI bus 1, device 5, function 0
    Will the highlighted red PCI's work together.
    Will that Card work in my Pci slot?

See Attachment, you can see in the middle of the picture the figures 'PCIE_16_1'. Does this mean my Graphics card slot is PCI Express??
    Also is that Black slot, in the pic, Where I slot my New card in. Where is the old one?lol?

Below is a linnk to the GeForce® 7600 GT. I noticed the sockets on the left hand side of the picture. Is it not just a clip in/screw in/ install process.
    What do you plug in to these 2-3 sockets?
    http://www.legionhardware.com/Pics/ASUS_Extreme_N7600GT/Image_00.jpg

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

are u saying that ur current graphics card is built into ur motherboard?? also what motherboard do u have??

from the picture the 7600gt will work with ur motherboard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yes thats a Pci express x 16 slot and yes a pci express 7600gt would work fine. Simply all you need to do is place the 7600gt into the black slot, screw it in to the case via the metal holder bar and then when booting up disable the integrated graphics in the bios and thats it, you should remove all ATI drivers on your system via add/remove programs before installing the new card btw...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Ok so I will remove all ATI Drivers, easy.
    I do not to remove anything physically after that? Just Pop in the new card, and install new drivers yeh? I am ready to play?

Yeah man, no physical stuff to remove just make sure you disable the onboard graphics in bios to prevent conflicts... Removing the ATI drivers beforehand should help allot :) Then you just go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your 7600gt once booted up... The ones on cd are usually outdated so I reccomend you do this

Nick

I understand that The geforce will work with my pc..etc

But can someone explain about the power needed. :rolleyes:
    How to find out what power I have and can supply to my new card, what power the new card needs ..etc.

My power supply will handle it??

I am unfamiliar with the whole power aspects of changing my graphics card.!?:confused:

• Advertisement

7600GT doesnt need external power btw, gets power from mobo, your psu should be ok, its not a demanding card...

Nick

Thanks nick!

Yeh I got it on Monday, all is well my FPS Has shot up compared to my ati 200 series ****ty card.:D

Great man, Its not a bad card my bro can play Crysis ok with it :) Medium/low

Have fun :)

Nick

Advertisement