Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] Set up Netopia 2247NWG

Options
  • 21-01-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi All

Trying to setup eircom broadband tonigh. On my router the DSL line is ok but my Internet light was red on the router and the default login and password (eircom@eircom.net broadband1) are not working

Has anybody seen this before

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

User: Eircom03/Pass: Eircom03 should work

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

odonoso wrote: »
    Hi All

Trying to setup eircom broadband tonigh. On my router the DSL line is ok but my Internet light was red on the router and the default login and password (eircom@eircom.net broadband1) are not working

I actually think the password is; password1 myself could be wrong.

I used Eircom03 and password Eircom03 the other day (Last router died of a power surge so needed a new one), those passwords worked fine. Then again maybe it depends on when you got the broadband? I'd doubht that though

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

odonoso wrote: »
    Hi All

Yes. It happens when your line is enabled in the exchange but your account isn't full setup. Give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

can anyone explain how I am getting these speeds out of eircom ?

225366227.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

WoW,:) excellant. What package are u on, 1MB, 2MB or 3MB. What I would not do is mention it to Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

yoyo wrote: »
    I used Eircom03 and password Eircom03 the other day (Last router died of a power surge so needed a new one), those passwords worked fine. Then again maybe it depends on when you got the broadband? I'd doubht that though

Nick

You sure it was a power surge. My BB also went down last night but it was on Eircoms side, their server. When it came back on today my wireless name had been reset to the Eircom default and protection gone back to WEP whereas I had it on WPA-PSK. Just a thought.

The router was broke man, all Network ports would light up even though only one cable was in and it kept disconnecting... There was a power cut in the area aswell which explains...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 odonoso

Hi All

Thanks for the tips
    I try the eircom03 but this didn't work.
    I rang eircom helpdesk and they think it an exchange problem

Advertisement