Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infractions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Will an infraction show till the end of time?

The infraction points will expire after ten days but the record of receiving an infraction stays.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

krazy_8s wrote: »
    It has to do with how the site is run and does supply some suggestions.
    It has nothing to do with how the site is run. It's a hissy fit over a polite request not to get personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No I think the thread is warranted! The standard of modding on the politics forum has plummeted recently ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'd agree Gandalf if I was in allowed to find out :D

gandalf wrote: »
    No I think the thread is warranted! The standard of modding on the politics forum has plummeted recently ;)
    Yeah, yeah. You're just jealous 'cos nobody's starting Feedback threads about you anymore. :p
    Villain wrote: »
    I'd agree Gandalf if I was in allowed to find out :D
    I bet you would.

• Advertisement

Ah now Oscar don't be like that, I was being nice in a comicial way while being down on one bended knee begging for forgiveness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You want to make a far far better effort than that I!!

Well if I had his address I'd send roses on the 14th with a Please forgive me card, P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Sigh.

It wasn't an infraction, it was a warning, for telling someone they are not very public minded. OK, so it's not exactly the world's worst insult, but it still goes against the principle of attacking the post, not the poster.

The note that accompanied the warning said "Don't get personal, ta."

In all fairness: did this really warrant a feedback thread?

It did because you didn't reply to my rejection of it.

The OP's attitude to other people on the road was _the_ issue of the post/thread.

I''d me be more then happy if this thread concentrated on explaining infractions rather then focus on one I got, but it is an example of poor judgement and lack of appeals process.

If mods really are accountable maybe they should be a bit more modest in this forum.

mods always take complaints personally, I don't get paid for this ****, woe is me, when I ask for mod infraction system its compared to a conspiracy. and then the come in here and gang up on people complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Most people that come into the appeals process do so with all guns blazing and get upset when someone shoots back. There have been a number of threads in the last few days which have been exemplary in the way the appeals process is intended to work. It would behove you to read them and learn from them.

If users could infract mods the whole site would descend into chaos. Not from the actions of the vast majority of users but because of the actions of the muppets. We get people signing up every single day just to spam and cause disruption. Do you want them to have the ability to infract mods? Because that's exactly where this would lead.

Personally I find the infraction system useful. Like many people I frequent a number of forums on a regular basis but outside that I would have no knowledge of the posters on, say, any of the gaming forums. Now if a poster starts causing grief on the gaming forums and gets infracted for it and then come over to Military and starts playing up I can see that he has been causing trouble elsewhere and act accordingly. Conversely if a poster in Military starts causing grief but has no history of problems elsewhere I can cut him a bit of slack and a quick Pm might get him back on the rails.

Mods don't want to be infracting people or banning people contrary to what some posters think. We would like things to just tick over and posters to enjoy themselves so that we can enjoy the forums too without having to constantly clean up the mess. We just want an easy life. Anyone that thinks otherwise is mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I routinely receive negative feedback on adverts.ie, despite not having sold an item to any of the parties. Those that gave same were invariably idiots who had come up against the rules and been found wanting.

Giving moderation tools to the masses is not a good idea.

It did because you didn't reply to my rejection of it.
    It was a politely worded warning, ffs. You don't get to "reject" it. Why is this such a big deal for you?
    The OP's attitude to other people on the road was _the_ issue of the post/thread.
    That's not true. It's not even on the same planet as factual correctness.
    I''d me be more then happy if this thread concentrated on explaining infractions rather then focus on one I got, but it is an example of poor judgement and lack of appeals process.
    Poor judgement? Get over yourself. You seriously think there should be an appeals process against me asking you not to get personal?

Is there a "drama queen" gathering card?
    mods always take complaints personally, I don't get paid for this ****, woe is me, when I ask for mod infraction system its compared to a conspiracy. and then the come in here and gang up on people complaining.
    Wait a sec - I'm supposed to be the one taking things personally here?

Bloody hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Hagar wrote: »
    We just want an easy life. Anyone that thinks otherwise is mistaken.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055221133 poll alteration...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54940068&postcount=50

equals making life easy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That could only be done by an admin.

He was only having a bit of fun. It made me laugh, I'm sure it made others laugh too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There is nothing wrong with lightening a situation.
    Too many people are going around like wound up springs looking for a confrontation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hagar wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with lightening a situation.
    Too many people are going around like wound up springs looking for a confrontation.

Quoted For Bloody Truth!!

Advertisement