Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big red face

• 21-01-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Had ipl for flushing/little broken veins in my cheeks 5 days ago. My face is still quite sore and hot. My skin looks crap. would anyone know when i can expect my skin to look normal again? I've been using neostrata bionic cream. should i try using something else for the moment?
    Would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks.

<Message sent by my GF :) >

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

lmaoie5.jpg

lol, at the above..

Sorry to hear about that, dont know much about that stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

No idea, you're best to ask whoever did the IPL for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

AFAIK you're not supposed to use any creams after those kinds of hair removal treatments

try keeping a face cloth soaked in cold water over your face as much as ye can for the next few days, and stop using any creams/washes on your face 'til its better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

The best thing to cool it would be alo vera gel and use a sunblock (at least factor 30) no-matter what the weather is like, 5 days is a long time to be in that condition so I'd go see the Beauty thrapist that treated you because IPL is known to cause both Hypo-pigmentation and Hyper-pigmentation (Both skin conditions characterized by the sudden appearence of darker or lighter patches) in some people.

Hope it clears up soon but it's very important you get the sun block ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

the person who performed the IPL should have given you some aloe vera, I believe. You should buy some if they didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Neals Rose Oil is good for red skin. In fact it seems to be very good for all kinds of skin. However, your problem seems to be quite serious. You should definitely go back to your beautician for advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Thanks for the advice guys.
    Will give my dermatologist a ring..

Advertisement