Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant Claim my pension?

Options
  • 21-01-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I had a pension in the construction industry but now at the age of 42 I am disabled and have been for 12 years.The point being that I have been told by the company that I wont get my pension until I am 65 years old even though I am disabled and could use it now...is there any legal way I can get it now??/
    Please,, any help would be much appreciated....
    thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Generally speaking no as the whole idea is that the money is there for the post 65 era.

you can check with the Irish pensions board
    http://www.pensionsboard.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Well if you stopped working full stop due to your disability you may be able to claim the full benefits, i'd check with the Pensions Board to be doubly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Thanks folks for your help, I will try the pensions board...
    Thanks again..

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I think Mercer have an involvement with the CIF scheme. It might be worth giving them a call as there may be an administrator who can point you in the right direction.

Search for CIF on the much much improved Pensions Board website. Within one of the review of the scheme I found this:

"Where a member retires on grounds of ill-health before age 65 and on an
    independent medical examination, the Trustees are satisfied that the member can no longer work in the industry for reasons of ill-health, the member shall receive the pension accrued at the date of retiral and the appropriate bonus pension as though the member were aged 65"

Not sure if you were still in employment at the time or not.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Thanks Broker, I appreciate the help.
    Will let you know what happens...
    Thanks again everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement