Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing trip next weekend

Options
  • 21-01-2008 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey I am a Canadian from British Columbia who has recently moved here. I really want to go surfing but I don't know anyone else who does?

If a few people are in the same boat and want to carpool to Lahinch or Dingle then post here and or send me an email at: shane dot mcdonald dot ryan at gmail dot com

If we can get critical mass I'd love to go. I've gone once in Dingle and it worked out cheap if you can find enough people. 10Eur per night accommodation. 10-15 euro to rent gear.

Later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

ShaneMR wrote: »
    Hey I am a Canadian from British Columbia who has recently moved here.
    Welcome to Eire. Where's here? where's you travelling from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ShaneMR

Whoops sorry I should have mentioned I am Living in Dublin.

Thanks!

Out of my environs so, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

sweet,you should try get out to Bundoran,its like 3hrs drive from dublin,pretty cool up there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 cjs_surf

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

awww come on someone take him out you unfriendly gits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ye....

From what I've heard most people in Dublin hit Sligo, Strandhill, for surf, apparantly it's less than a 3hr drive (I find it hard to believe myself) but it maybe worth a look for yoursefl if your going alone, much quicker than Dingle anyway.

If you don't have a car I see there's a train to Sligo, http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/2008/Dublin%20Sligo%2008.pdf, 3.5hrs. You can probably rent boards in Strandhill.
    Maybe you could get someone to go along with you.

The local surf clubs are a good bet too, make contacts and maybe hitch a lift with someone, they usually organize outings/weekends away too, the ISA may have some info on local clubs for you http://www.isasurf.ie/index.php?page=surfclubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Has anyone ever organised a boards surfing get together thingy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

c - 13 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever organised a boards surfing get together thingy ?

I'd be afraid I'd be to sh1te!

• Advertisement

Makes two of us then :D

Still though, could be some craic if it got off the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

There is a place in Burdoran that gives lessons and they take group bookings, prices are quite reasonable includes B&B; would be good fun for a group to go down. www.bundoransurfco.com

Makes two of us then :D

Still though, could be some craic if it got off the ground

Yeah, there is a good chance we have been in the water together already. Any dates in mind?

Possible.

No dates in mind I was just hypothesing.

I was just hypothesing.

You can read minds??

lightening wrote: »
    You can read minds??

No, i'm not bulimic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

Sunday morn/lunchtime, just south of Dublin into Wicklow along the coast road and down the in the venue at the bottom of the now blocked road that was closed due to assh*les dumping!?!?!

conman78 wrote: »
    Sunday morn/lunchtime, just south of Dublin into Wicklow along the coast road and down the in the venue at the bottom of the now blocked road that was closed due to assh*les dumping!?!?!

:eek::eek::eek:
    Is this a cryptic way to tell us of a surf location?

I still see little help from anyone to this Canadian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Siobhan B

You shoul try bens surf clinic in Lahinch. He goes from beginners up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ecsurfclub

Hi Shane, the East Coast Surf Club is Dublin based and there is always someone travelling west any weekend there's a good forecast. The next club meeting is on Monday 3rd March at 8pm in Gleesons pub, Booterstown. cjs posted the link to the club website further up this thread so check it out www.eastcoastsurfclub.com. The first trip away for the year is to Kerry at Easter, always a great one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

we should really have a sort of carpool thingy goin on. i'm gonna get back surfing in the coming weeks and will be headin down west. i'll post details when i'm going, but anyone wanting to come down with me is welcome to. just need to get some sort of rack.

btw, i'm completely ****e.

Advertisement