Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help need for cpu/processor problem!

• 21-01-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭

hi guys,hope to get your help!

was cleaning my casing today and accidentally pulled out my processor with the heat sink!:( i cant put the processor back to the socket correctly as my heat sink is too big,it prevents me to pull down the lever of socket.so i heat it up with hair dryer to separate them and test if the pc still working .i know this is risky,but i just wanna test it if it is working,then just leave it until i got the thermal grease to fix them .

:(:(:(the machine sounds right,but nothing show up in the monitor!

1)help?any advice??
    2)i wonder if a pc without processor will still show its BIOS screen?i dont dare to try that myself.As i have no others processor with me,i have no idea if i need to get a new processor for this.Afraid if i got a new one but turned out same problem.

the mainboard: Gigabyte M55S-S3,
    processor:AMD X2 5000+

thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

check the pins on the processor!! make sure u didn't bend them!! it happened to me before! and make sure u are putting it back in the right position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah...forget to mention...a pin is lost...:( but still,i am hoping it is an useless pin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

no pins are useless. But there can be a fix which has worked for me before. Put the pin thats missing into the corosponding ( this can be hard to work out ) And with any luck it will work. Or you can try taking the cpu to a jewlers with the missing pin and ask them to reconnect it.

Advertisement