Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible move to Lucan from the UK

• 21-01-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi there

Im wondering if any of you can help.

Myself and my husband are looking to Move to Lucan or Clonee in the next few months. Im orginally from Dublin and my husband will be working in the city centre. Our Budget is €350 and we are looking for a semi. We have a one year old so in time will be looking at schools.

I have been on the D15 Forom and have got lots of useful info re commuting, schools, estates etc.

We have been looking at Foxborough, Liffey park and earlsford.. ( they seem to be on our price range)

I would be grateflul if you could share any info on the above...

Thanks

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Hi there,

If I were you I would take a drive around those areas - there are a lot of rented houses there with some areas have received mixed reviews previously.

For schools you would be in the Lucan South catchment area there.

Hope this is some help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hiya DublinJules,

Just wondering if you are dead set on Lucan or Clonee? I know Kilcock in Kildare has plenty of houses within your budget.

Either way, as what2do said, these areas do receive mixed reviews. Do ask about the percentage of rental houses in the area as that is important.

You would be in the parish of Lucan South so school placement is important. Find out about local primary schools and the possibility of enrolling your child there. Look for names and details of local residents associations online and contact them. They will be able to tell you more about the area.

Here is the Earlsfort Residents association website with local members contact details. This is the Foxborough website, although it looks awful and hasn't been updated recently, you may get some contact details from it.

Best of luck :)

Advertisement