Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble vs. Wrestlemania

• 22-01-2008 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

Quite simply, Which one do you prefer? Although Wrestlemania gives you guaranteed title changes I've always been a Rumble man. I think that the Rumble itself is always one of the highlights of the wrestling year and is the only P.P.V I consider buying(the fact that you can have a pool from it with your mates increases it's brilliance). I presume I'm not the only one who prefers it

Rumble or Mania 34 votes

Royal Rumble
    0% 0 votes
    Wrestlemania
    50% 17 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    50% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I prefer the Rumble too. It always get more of an interest as your never quite sure who is going to win it and it's helps hype up the WM PPV itself e.g. if i didn't watch the rumble, I probably wouldn't watch WM either because i didn't see the wrestler gets pushed to the top by winning it. Also the last few WM haven't lived up to their expectations as they once did and i doubt this one will be any different. This years rumble card looks like a 5 star affair as well so i'd say i'm going to try not to blink and feel around for those beers instead of looking for them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wrestlemania for me. It's a bigger deal. The Rumble match itself is largely boring, and that takes up a lot of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Rumble for me lads.

Whats the story with the Atari Jaguar option up there?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Boards tradition. If somebody doesn't have a preference Atari Jaguar it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Rumble fan also. *sounds next rumble entrant horn* Who will it be???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Royal Rumble for me, just the build up, the mini pushes people get before going into the rumble match, the feuds that can come from it. The title match can be great espically when if your not sure which one is going to be headlining as the champion.

Im really enjoying the build up to this royal rumble, with jeff because hes not in the rumble, hes getting the push that so many of us have wanted to see since before cyber sunday when it was highlighted how insanely over he was. Id like good fight with orton wininng clean, for orton to lose the title at the rumble. For him would be a big negative to his charcter and status at the moment, and if he was headlining WM , the push they'd be giving him up to WM would be damaged by the defeat to Jeff at the rumble.

P.S anyone buying it ? ... because i know i am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think the Rumble show this year could end up being better than 'Mania. There's a good chance that 'taker and Triple H will get the main event spots along side both champions and to be honest I'm more interested in Rey and Jeff go for the belt.

In saying that 'Taker/Edge could be fun at 'Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I always looked forward to the Royal Rumble match itself, but in recent years its become a complete joke. The fact it wasn't its own main event in 2006, and its winner lost his shot at NWO only to get it back via sympathy from the GM made enough of a joke of it, but when the "main event" shot that was given was a 9 minute match the Rumble match itself lost credibility.

It looked like this was somewhat repaired in 2007 with the best end to a Rumble ever. But then what happens? The runner up headlines WM in the signature match, and the winner get the 3rd match of the night, therefore IMO, making the entire point of the Rumble pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the WWE certainly don't treat the two the same, they produce the rumble like every other run of the mill PPV, it goes out live on a Sunday evening and thats it, no royal rumble official program, no royal rumble hoodie, no royal rumble anything except a crappy t-shirt they put together at the last minute.

Wrestlemania is a week long event with local tv interviews and when you get to the arena you can buy so much merchandise with the words "wrestlemania" on them your head will start to spin :D

Honestly there is no comparison between the two, i still like the rumble but if the bigwigs in titan towers don't really take it that serious how are the fans meant to??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

When i was a kid, i defininitely preferred the rumble. it was different, had a purpose, and seemed unpredictable.

Nowadays, my excitement over the Rumble largely depends upon the options at hand for Wrestlemania. Last year's was very well executed, and the closing moments were superb, however, the ones Batista, Benoit,Triple H, and Rey won were all largely predictable. That's not to say they were in anyway poor, but Mania's matches were mainly already in sight. I think the quality of the rumble revolves around the predictability of Mania, which is why this year's has so much potential.

Then again, Mania almost always delivers, even if it comes off the back of an inferior Rumble, or the card lacks a really interesting draw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭The Arbiter

I always preferred mania but i think to have a great mania there needs to be a good rumble winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the WWE certainly don't treat the two the same, they produce the rumble like every other run of the mill PPV, it goes out live on a Sunday evening and thats it, no royal rumble official program, no royal rumble hoodie, no royal rumble anything except a crappy t-shirt they put together at the last minute.

Wrestlemania is a week long event with local tv interviews and when you get to the arena you can buy so much merchandise with the words "wrestlemania" on them your head will start to spin :D

Honestly there is no comparison between the two, i still like the rumble but if the bigwigs in titan towers don't really take it that serious how are the fans meant to??

gotta fully agree with that, Detroit was decked out in Wrestlemania posters all over the place, there was one on the side of a buidling near ford field that had to have been 100 ft long it was huge, plus the fact that nearly everyone in the area is wearing tshirts/jerseys/title belts/costumes and screaming WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! at the most random times make the atmosphere incredible, i couldnt stop laughing when we were standing outside waiting to get in and a few ushers with little amps strapped to their waists were telling people where to queue and what section would be near what door and after ever sentence about 200 people shouted "WHAT?!" at them, they had a bewildered look on their face that was priceless lol

plus all the nearby bars had old wwe ppvs on big tvs in there and many a drunken (friendly) argument did we get into over those few nights as to who was better, flair or hbk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if i compare WM22 to last years rumble the difference was incredible

All the way from O'Hare to the arena in Rosemont wrestlemania flags were flying out of the lamp posts, every second hotel in the rosemont area was selling WWE merchandise and vince seemed to be on every second local chicago tv program :eek: there was wrestling fans everywhere, on top of the sears tower, down by navy pier, all over the rosemont area for 4-5 days before mania.

in comparison i didn't see one wrestling fan in downtown san antonio before or after the rumble, no flags proclaiming the existence of the rumble either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Wrestlemania does it for me.Its the climax of your most hated storylines and with the addition of MITB it gives you that garunteed spotfest you need in a ppv.The rumble can be dull and bad with the prospect of a Big Daddy V,Khali and Henry in the same match.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

...not sure, I think the Rumble wins it on points... I like the unpredictability of it, though it sometimes has an annoying habit of having a twist for the sake of a twist... (SPOILERS FOLLOW!

e.g. Vince McMahon winning the one he was in.

Advertisement