Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your BMW/s here!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

prospect wrote: »
    1024.jpg

Just thought I would "up the ante"
    Turn off your feckin fog lights! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tonyg

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

tonyg wrote: »
    :cool:

Have you re badged your boot with a "320ci" by any chance? Wasn't it a "318ci" originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

mick.fr wrote: »
    No not the 325xi, just 325i
    Why are you saying that lol?

Because you took it in from the States did you not? (And its sitting high at the front!)

kdevitt wrote: »
    Because you took it in from the States did you not? (And its sitting high at the front!)

Yeah but no they sell both models in the state. Maybe the 18" rims that it is sitting high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hifive wrote: »
    My oldtimer,
    DSC00924.jpg
    DSC00902.jpg
    DSC00904.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, this is NICE. And with the olde styleeeeeee mobile phone too...........retro kewl.............

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, this is NICE. And with the olde styleeeeeee mobile phone too...........retro kewl.............

Yeah this was some kind of a car. I still like it very much.
    Looks like Alpina rims?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

or alpina ;)

Cyrus wrote: »
    or alpina ;)

Yeah I just realised when I wrote it it was actually Alpina :-)
    We did the change/post at 21:49 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cyrus wrote: »
    or alpina ;)
    Alpina_Trademark.jpg
    I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The old 6 series - ................................man..............The snarly Sharkish front on them is DELICIOUS! :p

Hi Mick.fr,

Well spotted, Car was badged 320 when I bought it. Havent done anything myself with it bar put petrol into it. I think the previous owner had requested it when spec' ing the car from BMW. Don't worry, I did'nt buy it in the shop that sells the M Badges;)

tonyg

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

So a few more of my baby, pretty crappy pics though, night time does not help.
    Will make new ones when we will have a little bit of SHINE in the country lol.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Hi Mickfr,

What is your 325 sitting so high when compared to other motors ??
    Have you adjusted the shocks??

:confused:

Hi Mick.fr,

Well spotted, Car was badged 320 when I bought it. Havent done anything myself with it bar put petrol into it. I think the previous owner had requested it when spec' ing the car from BMW. Don't worry, I did'nt buy it in the shop that sells the M Badges;)

tonyg

I noticed because your muffler has 1 tip only.
    I suppose the previous owner wanted people to think it was a 320i because the engine is very close to a 2l anyway. Very common in Ireland apparently, although I find this ridiculous.

Hi Mickfr,

What is your 325 sitting so high when compared to other motors ??
    Have you adjusted the shocks??

:confused:

Don't know man lol, I haven't touched them.
    But now you guys are pointing this this is right it sits pretty high, especially with 18" rims, should not have this kind of spacing.

Maybe the shocks got adjusted when it was still in Boston because of the snow by the previous owner, I don't know.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Alpina_Trademark.jpg
    I don't get it.

The rims are Alpina, I initially stated they were BBS but corrected myself immediately.

I take it your from the US so speaking your language.... the ride height looks way 2 high man .

I'd get it checked . Maybe others could take a look and see what they think ?

I suppose the previous owner wanted people to think it was a 320i because the engine is very close to a 2l anyway. Very common in Ireland apparently, although I find this ridiculous.

True but more hassle for me to take it off and replace, not sure what BMW charge for them.

tonyg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

kdevitt wrote: »
    Its a 318is

It really does look like an M3 Evo from the outside though, even down to the wheels! I couldn't see the interior clearly enough to be sure if it was which is why I gave myself wriggle room and said I wanted to see the interior to be absolutely sure:p!

I knew the E30 wasn't an M3, the steering wheel is on the wrong side for one of those!(and besides that I remembered you saying you had a 318is E30)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The 318Ci is a 2.0 litre(from 01 on), and the 320Ci is a 2.2 litre. Before 01 the 318Ci was a 1.9.

• Advertisement

I take it your from the US so speaking your language.... the ride height looks way 2 high man .

I'd get it checked . Maybe others could take a look and see what they think ?

No I am French :-) Just watching too much US movies and writing on US forums.
    Yep would get it checked, thanks.

E92 wrote: »
    It really does look like an M3 Evo from the outside though, even down to the wheels! I couldn't see the interior clearly enough to be sure if it was which is why I gave myself wriggle room and said I wanted to see the interior to be absolutely sure:p!

I knew the E30 wasn't an M3, the steering wheel is on the wrong side for one of those!(and besides that I remembered you saying you had a 318is E30)

I believe the M3 EVO had actually the front and rear sides larger, not like this one. Like the new E46, remember? Correct me if I am wrong.
    This is a nicely installed body kit anyway, looks very clean.

True but more hassle for me to take it off and replace, not sure what BMW charge for them.

tonyg

Yeah yeah no big deal anyway.

Oops my mistake :o Je suis desole (me thinks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God, it only when you see them all in a row you realise just how gay every BMW introduced since 1996 has been.

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The 318Ci is a 2.0 litre(from 01 on), and the 320Ci is a 2.2 litre. Before 01 the 318Ci was a 1.9.
    They sound quite different though given that one of them is down 2 cylinders!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 P D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

mike65 wrote: »
    God, it only when you see them all in a row you realise just how gay every BMW introduced since 1996 has been.

Mike.

Yore ma didn't think it was gay last night:p

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Another giveaway is the wheels on my iS, they are M3 wheels but they are the ones that came on the saloon and not the coupe ;)

• Advertisement

bucks wrote: »
    Another giveaway is the wheels on my iS, they are M3 wheels but they are the ones that came on the saloon and not the coupe ;)

Hu? Never had a M3 saloon? The first one ever is just coming out of the factory...
    Unless I am wrong...

Advertisement