Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your BMW/s here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

mick.fr wrote: »
    Hu? Never had a M3 saloon? The first one ever is just coming out of the factory...
    Unless I am wrong...

E36 M3 was available as a 4 door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

kdevitt wrote: »
    E36 M3 was available as a 4 door.

Yeah just checked the EVO model.
    Interesting never saw any.
    Must be very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

There was 400 rhd models sold in the uk between 95 and 96 according to wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M3

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Anyone got an 8 series?? Haven't as yet myself but am getting one in about 6 - 8 months and can't wait!!! Mite go across the water for one but either way, it'll be a dream come true! Something like this...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

The 8 series is amazing - I'd love to pick one up just before they turn classic (because I should have money to spare by then!)
    Also, some amazing cars in this thread coming from a prospective BMW owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll modestly add my BMW (see my sig)
    Hifive wrote: »
    DSC00924.jpg

Lovely! Must be a late model year that it came with a phone?
    kbannon wrote: »
    Turn off your feckin fog lights! :D

He'd love to turn them on. Or off. In his dreams only though :)

Anyone got an 8 series?? Haven't as yet myself but am getting one in about 6 - 8 months and can't wait!!! Mite go across the water for one but either way

If you go across the water for one after 01/07/2008, it will be more expensive to import and worse, the annual tax will be €2,000

Get one sooner or be prepared to buy one already registered here!

cianclarke wrote: »
    The 8 series is amazing - I'd love to pick one up just before they turn classic (because I should have money to spare by then!)
    Also, some amazing cars in this thread coming from a prospective BMW owner.

Isn't 15 years old your car is considered as classic and you can get those plates?

Isn't 15 years old your car is considered as classic and you can get those plates?

It depends. A car is only considered to be a classic for tax or NCT when it is 30 years old. For insurance you should ring around. I've my 22 year old Porsche on a classic insurance. I've heard about an early '90s MX-5 being considered a classic by an insurance company. That's probably an exception. There's no way a 15 year old Mazda 626 would be considered a classic car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

unkel;54938959]I'll modestly add my BMW (see my sig)

Lovely! Must be a late model year that it came with a phone?

Thanks,
    It's from Feb 89. One of the last.

HiFivesBMW635B.jpg
    Pic is down to Mike65. He took it for a spin that day!

• Advertisement

Give us some feedback, Mike! I know you love "older style" BMWs although you've never owned one

An anecdote just to give some info to people here that haven't been around the motors section as long as Mike or myself or some others:

Back 4 years ago, I was looking for an E39 BMW 5 series. Either a 523i or a 528i. Auto. That was to replace my '94 E34 530i V8 which had served me well for 3 years. I had this funny feeling in my mind that I should also consider a 7-series (E38)

Mike then posted and said I should keep an open mind about the 7-series

A short time later, a work relation showed me a car on the front page of a car sales magazine with a stunning pic of a '96 735i. It was mine 3 days later.

Thanks, Mike, for your suggestion. It confirmed the 7 as an alternative choice and I might not have been as interested and I might not have bought it if it wasn't for your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I've been trying to post this to the non BMW thread, but Unkel closed it:confused:

To get the ball rolling.. the car that cost me €200 but turned out accidentally to be the best driver's car I ever owned (apart from needing no less than 8 things doing to it at any one time), the Integra XSi:
    main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

JHMEG wrote: »
    I've been trying to post this to the non BMW thread, but Unkel closed it:confused:

To get the ball rolling.. the car that cost me €200 but turned out accidentally to be the best driver's car I ever owned (apart from needing no less than 8 things doing to it at any one time), the Integra XSi:
    main.jpg

Looks every penny of it:D

I have to say with all honesty they are one of the worst looking cars on the road, why do integra owners put stupidly loud exhausts on their cars?

Internally and externally bland.

You provoked junkyard to start a BMW pic thread. I feel
    there's been enough provoking for the moment even without your re-counter thread or what ever we should call it ;)

I have to say I don't agree with your stance, unkel.

We need a non-BMW pic thread, as a counter balance.

@Victor, I agree. Integra is all go and no show.

I have to say I don't agree with your stance, unkel.

We need a non-BMW pic thread, as a counter balance.

@Victor, I agree. Integra is all go and no show.

Yep sure I do not mind having a similar thread with other brands.
    But not a reason tough to hijack the BMW one by posting all other brands of car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

bmw320cd_m221142_1e.jpgbmw320cd_ms221142_2e.jpg221142_3e.jpg

a few more pics of my 320cd m sport

Yep sure I do not mind having a similar thread with other brands.
    But not a reason tough to hijack the BMW one by posting all other brands of car.

Sorry mick, unkel closed the other (similar) thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks,
    It's from Feb 89. One of the last.

HiFivesBMW635B.jpg
    I absolutely love the E24!
    I was going to get one prior to my current car but there was a bit of engine and body work needed and water in the rear footwells and the rigid selling price didn't justify!
    If I do get one now it will be the M635CSi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

kdevitt wrote: »
    My first E36

My project car - now gone
    img_0484.jpg

what model is this one?

What was it like to work on? Did you import it from the UK?

It would defo be a project car for me if i ever had the space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

unkel wrote: »
    Give us some feedback, Mike! I know you love "older style" BMWs although you've never owned one

Well it was a short hop of about 4 miles (then Hifive and I swapped cars and I drove his Stag home, er his home!) it felt like both a old school BMW and an older generation car, ie the power windows closed with a clunk not a whisper, it ran well with a solid, comfortable feel. The power was there but on a 80 kph road driving towards a setting sun I certainly wasn't going to push it (next time maybe ;) ) Hifive can talk about the detail but it seemed to be in as good nick as you could reasonably hope for.
    An anecdote just to give some info to people here that haven't been around the motors section as long as Mike or myself or some others:

Back 4 years ago, I was looking for an E39 BMW 5 series. Either a 523i or a 528i. Auto. That was to replace my '94 E34 530i V8 which had served me well for 3 years. I had this funny feeling in my mind that I should also consider a 7-series (E38)

Mike then posted and said I should keep an open mind about the 7-series

A short time later, a work relation showed me a car on the front page of a car sales magazine with a stunning pic of a '96 735i. It was mine 3 days later.

Thanks, Mike, for your suggestion. It confirmed the 7 as an alternative choice and I might not have been as interested and I might not have bought it if it wasn't for your post

Blimey O'Rielly! I had no idea I was responsible for boosting OPEC members national GDP. :o To think you could have ended up in Toyota Camry :)

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    To think you could have ended up in Toyota Camry :)

:eek: Perish the thought!

main.jpg

I know as a compact driver my opinion on looks means zero but..

Damn that car is ugly.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whatthe?

:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

This thread is making me jealous. Just after selling my e36 and i am replacing it with a car van. Can't see owning another BMW for at least 2 years. :mad:

Welcome to boards, whatthe?

Nice E3 :)

A regular poster here (colm_mcm) is thinking of buying one. I'll notify him of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

No BMW's for me at the minute, this ones the brothers

CIMG3498.JPG

cimg3474.jpg

cimg3297.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

So many recent E3's here. Here's an older BMW...

img0204is0.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whatthe?

unkel wrote: »
    Welcome to boards, whatthe?

Nice E3 :)

A regular poster here (colm_mcm) is thinking of buying one. I'll notify him of this thread!

Thanks Unkel.
    I saw the one he is after. It looks nice.
    Mine ain't for sale at the moment.

Chet, thats quality.

Advertisement