Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your BMW/s here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Chet T16 wrote: »
    No BMW's for me at the minute, this ones the brothers

CIMG3498.JPG

Rudy hell. A turbo straight 6. Whats the numbers? Id hazard a guess 400 bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

whatthe? wrote: »
    Mine ain't for sale at the moment.

I meant it more as a heads up for Colm to pm you and discuss what it is like to own one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Rudy hell. A turbo straight 6. Whats the numbers? Id hazard a guess 400 bhp.

98 octane @ 1.2 bar = 701BHP / 806NM

102 octane race fuel @ 1.5 bar = 807BHP / 917 NM

Twin Turbo set up and Racefuel @ 1.8 bar = 1048BHP / 1055NM

http://www.kellyscarcentre.com/site/e30_m5_turbo.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

98 octane @ 1.2 bar = 701BHP / 806NM

102 octane race fuel @ 1.5 bar = 807BHP / 917 NM

http://www.kellyscarcentre.com/site/e30_m5_turbo.php

My........ God.......... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

MarkN wrote: »

It was spinning the wheels the length of the straight in Mondello last Saturday :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whatthe?

unkel wrote: »
    I meant it more as a heads up for Colm to pm you and discuss what it is like to own one :)

Oh, I know. Just sayin is all. If he gets a nice one, he won't regret it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Those Norwegians are crazy. Here's another one:

BMW M5 E34 3,8 - 1129bhp / 1130Nm

pic-vsmotor-02.jpg

pic-vsmotor-03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Here is what is parked at my house every day;

beemers.jpg

Sorry - don't know how to post the actual picture :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

MarkN wrote: »

My exact words at the pits in Mondello on saturday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Nice!

Kinda reminds me of Andy Frost's 2200bhp 1972 Vauxhall Victor. 0-180mph in under 8 seconds. The fastest street legal car in the world.
    dscf1517_427x320.jpg

More here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

My Sunday Car...

dscf3572ala6.th.jpg
    dscf3578amg5.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

It has no doors? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My e46 320d:

Timmins wrote: »
    It has no doors? :S

Of course it has doors.......not much good without them in this country. Sure fools people though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kbannon wrote: »

Did no-one see that Clarkson video? Women can't get in or out of the Z1 without showing their underwear (or more in the case of Brittney). I suspect it didn't help the Z1...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Jomcc wrote: »
    My Sunday Car...

dscf3572ala6.th.jpg
    dscf3578amg5.th.jpg

Aaah yess!
    A real rarity. Spent a summer in Frankfurt in 1993 and still only saw one of them there. Would love to hear what it's actually like to drive and live with. I know the deLorean's doors sort of made up for a lot of it's shortcomings in the eyes of purchasers, but I'd like to think the opposite was true of the Z1. That the (apparent) lack of doors overshadowed the rest of the car and became all it was known for.

milltown wrote: »
    Aaah yess!
    A real rarity. Spent a summer in Frankfurt in 1993 and still only saw one of them there. Would love to hear what it's actually like to drive and live with. I know the deLorean's doors sort of made up for a lot of it's shortcomings in the eyes of purchasers, but I'd like to think the opposite was true of the Z1. That the (apparent) lack of doors overshadowed the rest of the car and became all it was known for.

Funny you should mention deLorean.....Can tell you about both.
    z1delorean2xj7.th.jpg
    z1delorean1cb7.th.jpg

I have a thing for odd doors. Still tempted to go for a Renault Avantime.

Haven't driven Z1 an awful lot because up to today it was still on UK plates. Paid VRT this morning. Car get's some looks, especially when driving with doors down. I absolutely love it. It's no rocket but it moves ok when you keep the revs up. I think I've only met one person who actually heard of Z1. deLorean is recognised everywhere. Remarkably comfortable.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Jomcc wrote: »
    Car get's some looks, especially when driving with doors down. I absolutely love it. It's no rocket but it moves ok when you keep the revs up. I think I've only met one person who actually heard of Z1. deLorean is recognised everywhere. Remarkably comfortable.

I'm not surprised as they are unusual looking and I haven't come across any others over here except for this one...
    normal_SV400098.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

kbannon wrote: »
    I'm not surprised as they are unusual looking and I haven't come across any others over here except for this one...
    normal_SV400098.jpg

I think i might have viewd that one a number of years ago in a garage on church avenue in Rathmines....I remember thinking it was cheap at the time......oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

JOMCC, Lovely car you have, a real rarity in Ireland. The last time I saw one in Ireland was about 4-5 years ago in Killarney, there was a club from Holland over for a tour of Ireland. There must have been about 20 of them various colours, lots of red ones.

KBANNON, thanks for the comment on my cabrio, I got a spin in that Z1 in your pic many years ago when it belonged to Motor Import.

I only know of two other one's in the country....The Yellow one in pic and a Green one which is on Carzone. If there are any more, I'd love to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

The lads in Motor Import told me that time back in 1991 that there had been only 2 brought to Ireland, the yellow one that was in Motor Import and there was one sold to someone in Meath or North Dublin if I remember correctly. The person who bought it had a collection of stuff. I dont know what became of the second one, I never saw it. I'd sure remember if I did. Aside from yours, the only ones I knew of were the green one on carzone and the yellow one.

One of the things I remember about it was driving with the doors lowered was like driving a cart, so low down and the ground just beneath you.

Thanks for that. Green one on Carzone is one you were talking about. I test drove it before buying mine. Owner of green told me story about the yellow one. I'd often seen it in Motor Import.
    Here is website about mine which was created by previous owner. www.bmwz1.co.uk/. Mine also featured in BMW magazine. Pity now to have to take off personalised plates and drive around with 89-D-xxxxx

Attached..

Heres one for junkyard. Ive never seen anything shift like it, especially the last blast 1 minute in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=grOGsHyhQv8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thanks for that Andrew, I only mess around with mine when the tyres need changing, it's great fun though. There's another green Z1 near me, sorry about the picture quality.:o

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Attached..
    Lough Key Forest Park, near Boyle, Co Roscommon?

You got it!

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote: »
    Thanks for that Andrew, I only mess around with mine when the tyres need changing, it's great fun though. There's another green Z1 near me, sorry about the picture quality.:o

My yoke is old, with less than half the power and after pouring thousands into it, Ill take it gingerly, just for piece of mind! To many other bills to look after. No more track days, thats for sure. The vid looks like fun though. Lovely car, the E39 M5. Good choice of car Junkyard.

Advertisement