Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Convertibles - Saab

• 22-01-2008 12:29am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some expertise to settle a debate for me. Granted none of us have driven this car so cant answer it properly.

My understanding of convertibles are they are an attention seeking car. Feck all comfort or boot room.

Now my debaters reckon that the 4 door Saab is different and has the same amount of head room and boot space as the saloon non-convertible saloon.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You are both wrong. Convertibles can be very comfortable, with ample boot room. That said, the roof does have to go somewhere and this usually involves a loss of shoulder room & boot space. Head room shouldn't really be affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have a convertible Saab and previously drove a saloon model. The only downside is the two rear seats otherwise the space is the same and very roomy and comfortable. The boot space is the same with the roof up as there is a flexible cover that goes over the space where the roof would fold in.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

faceman wrote: »
    My understanding of convertibles are they are an attention seeking car...

You could maybe say the same about all car's that aren't black..... or about some black cars.... or about all clean cars etc. etc.

Part of convertibles is the fact that they attract attention - the reason they often attract attention is that they are cool.
    Drive one. I'd recommend it. Makes the feeling and experience of driving more alive, like karting for adults... especially the sound of the v6. Prefer a v8 or v10 ;)

Certainly mine is comfortable, perfect cruising car, 2.4v6 and multitronic so very smooth, not hugely fast but fast enough.... bit lazy because of the weight but hard to fault.
    Slightly noisier, bit more road noise (especially when wet) but once the rain stops, then there's nothing nicer than getting the top down with the seat heat on :D
    As for the room, A4 here, you only get two rear seats where I suppose you'd have 3 in the regular saloon? Still decent legroom and access. Boot space is certainly limited, especially with the roof down but I have managed to get a couple of suitcases etc. and a golf bag in there. Again fine for most scenarios.... have a hatchback for the donkey work here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I've got a lovely 1993 900 turbo for sale if your interested.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

faceman wrote: »
    My understanding of convertibles are they are an attention seeking car. Feck all comfort or boot room.

And your understanding comes from ?????

Let me guess - your opinions on cars

Convertibles Gay - they seek attention....
    Alfa, Fiat - your uncle knows a lad down the pub who had one that broke down once - crap
    Toyota - great car never break down - forget which model you own?
    Opel - superb - sure don't they sponsor the Irish football team

• Advertisement
Advertisement