Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hOzone, RIP

• 22-01-2008 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

was just talking to a friend back home in leixlip, and she told me the ozone's closing down, or something!

just thought i'd throw in a wee thread here for commiserations/celebrations and general memories....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Won't miss it.

It's the only place I've seen people openly doing cocaine, they didn't even have the desire to do it in the toilets. Overly expensive considering it's only Leixlip and the clientelle were never the classiest. Celtic jerseys and runners do not a nice place make.

How the Lifeey Champion will fill that extra page of Ozone pics will be interesting to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha,yeah, kip though it was, have had some fun nights there. it's local, and was always a good one for running into those peeps from school you haven't seen in ages, nad having a good dance to 'footloose' to. twas never an ideal club, and i had to get ****faced before i went, cos twas so expensive, but at the same time, twas always a good night out with the girlies. not to mention the walk home up the hill :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I used to work there.
    Didn't know they were closing it...was handy enough when we were too lazy to go into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Is it completely closing down or is there a new club going up instead of it? Never been but loads of friends and housemates have been a good few times and always heard it was crap. Can't be as bad as The Glenroyal though surely!

The Glenroyal is a total dump in comparison to the Ozone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Good riddence to the Ozone if it really is going, total kip, full of scum anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

the glenroyal is really good i love going there and my mates work there i cant even afford a drink in the ozone cos its so expensive and its a kip

In fairness most of the scum in the ozone are coming from Lucan and Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Ah cmon now theres a decent amount from Leixlip as well.

I havent heard anything about this so Ima take it with some salt. Somewhere is always closing down but hardly ever is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Amz wrote: »
    In fairness most of the scum in the ozone are coming from Lucan and Clondalkin.
    Why would people come from Clondalkin to Leixlip to go to a club?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

SW81 wrote: »

god knows but it happens. probably cuz itz the only place where every one of a group is pretty much guarunteed to get in!

SW81 wrote: »
    What a silly question.

Why wouldn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

=/ I'm sad now, I've still never been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Amz wrote: »
    What a silly question.

Why wouldn't they?
    Well isn't it a bit of a treck? No clubs in Clondalkin or nearer?

I wouldn't know, I'm not from there, nor would I be bothered risking a night out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Only been there once, was fun and I wasn't bothered for how I looked, (guys with long hair don't go down too well with the irrationably intolerant) except for that one freak. But I'm calling 100% grade A bullcrap on this, since the OP has absolutely no proof at all to back up his claim.

OP never said SHE knew for certain, just that she had been talking to a friend back in leixlip, and had been told this. if there is no word on it, then fair enough, i heard wrong, i was just throwing it out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

living in leixlip i can tell you we've been hearing this rumour for literally years-everything from apartments to a cinema to shops replacin it-ive heard it all.the latest one is, is that darkie moores (the restaurant auld fella part of the ryevale which was once rock-a-fellas nightclub) is being turned back into a discobar/club and that the loft part is being turned into a restaurant and older persons spot.the last bit i think is true because the loft has been done up in the last while and its not finished as far as i know but as for darkies going i wouldnt think so.thats the only bit id miss-simply because the food is so good! in my opinion the ozone will still be there for quiet a while yet.yes its a complete dump but a few years back it wasnt half as bad.probably because the hitchin post was still there.
    as for why do clondalkin people come out to leixlip?? its not just there-they come from blanchardstown,palmerstown,lucan-all over really! and why? because either a)theyre barred from there local places and b)they wont get in anywhere in the citycentre.and for the SIZE of lucan there is no club in it and the main club in blanch called heaven is strict as hell on the door to keep the scum out.

So all the scummer are channeled into the Ozone, making it a big, scary, dump.

there's a lot of non-scummers there too (one less nowt hat im overseas :P), but there is defniitely a certain crowd there that are quit ethe dodge, though it's not so bad now as it was back in teh day.

• Advertisement

1 Scummer is too many scummers in my book.

Advertisement