Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know if HTC are going to fix the video driver issue on the Touch-Cruise?

• 22-01-2008 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Anyone know if HTC are going to fix the video driver problem on the Touch-Cruise and Tytn.
    A lot of people seem to be pi$$ed off about this on what otherwise seem to be great devices.
    There's even a class action about it, I believe.
    Anyone know more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

There's lots about that and loads of other HTC stuff on xda-developers
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=359991

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Loggie wrote: »
    There's lots about that and loads of other HTC stuff on xda-developers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=359991

Yeah cheers I saw that.
    Just wondering if anyone else here had any more info.
    I'll keep checking that I suppose.
    Thanks.

BTW Loggie are you going to pick one up even if they don't resolve this issue?

Loggie, any idea which reseller will be doing the Touch-Cruise first?
    Expansys have pushed back their date to Feb 7 AFAIK.

I wonder will Clove, Devicewire, Handtec etc get them sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

mkennedy, I'll still get it, the video issues won't bother me too much and as someone else posted somewhere in relation to camera phones and number of pixels "there's a reason real cameras have big lenses stuck on the front" not quite the same thing but works for me in a video sense. You know theres always a better device being released but I think the cruise is the best at the moment and the crew on xda-developers seem to be forcing the video issue with htc although not getting htc to do anything about it.

In relation to who first, Devicewire have had them already and were sold out in minutes and as you can see are due stock 5th feb whereas expansys have yet to get any as far as I am aware and all they do is tease us with "due dates" since december. Not sure of the others.

I spoke to customer services in Devicewire on the day the cruise was in stock and he told me that if I ordered one I would go on back-order but that the back-orders were coming in very fast. Therefore depending on the amount they get on 5th feb there may not be many for general sale. I'm trying to get mine through work so relying on someone else "to do the shopping" and is using expansys so not sure when it will be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

• Advertisement

Nice one, thanks.
    Seems there's alot of pi$$ed off HTC customers at the moment because of this.
    I suppose it's arrogance that comes an increased market share.

TBH i don't know myself how these missing drivers will affect performance because i never owned a Tytn II.

So can anyone tell me how exactly performance is affected
    Is there a noticeable lag with everything or only with really heavy-duty graphics.
    Like playback of basic avi/wmv/mpgs- what's that like.

Compared to older devices like the original Tytn, are things actually worse with the Tytn II?

I have a Tytn (LOVE it), never used a Tytn II.

I've never really tried to watch video much on it, I tried once and it couldn't handle full res divx vdeo (700mb - 60mins was very stuttery) when I tried last and I didn't want to bother converting my videos so it could play better. Since I last tried I have upgraded my firmware many many times so it may work now.

If you're thinking about buying a Tytn II and are put off by this issue i'd almost bank on the folks at xda-developers coming up with a solution somehow, infact i'm amazed they haven't already. Their developement community is so active it's great.

And lastly, slightly off topic I know, but if you have a WM5/6 device check out www.pointui.com it's an incredible skin for WM which revolutionises the whole experience, won't fix your video though!

I have a Tytn (LOVE it), never used a Tytn II. I've never really tried to watch video much on it, I tried once and it couldn't handle full res divx vdeo (700mb - 60mins was very stuttery) when I tried last and I didn't want to bother converting my videos so it could play better. Since I last tried I have upgraded my firmware many many times so it may work now. If you're thinking about buying a Tytn II and are put off by this issue i'd almost bank on the folks at xda-developers coming up with a solution somehow, infact i'm amazed they haven't already. Their developement community is so active it's great. And lastly, slightly off topic I know, but if you have a WM5/6 device check out www.pointui.com it's an incredible skin for WM which revolutionises the whole experience, won't fix your video though!

Thanks.
    No i'm not thinking of the Tytn II (bit of a brick tbh) but i'm thinking of the Touch-Cruise that's missing the same drivers.

Yeah i've always converted videos and they've played fine and i'm happy with that. I'm just wondering if the Tytn II and Touch-Cruise can even do that or are they a step back from older devices.
    But if they can play converted video I can live with that.

I've tried pointui. For a free app it's not bad.
    Tried it a couple of times but I didn't find it as intuitive as spb mobile shell.
    Spb mobile shell is extremely easy to use.

BTW I read there is some doubt that xda-devs can come up with such drivers. It'd be interesting to see what they can do.
    Thanks.

This should envourage the folks at XDA-developers to find a solution!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/28/htc-kaiser-fans-cough-up-over-5-000-for-homebrew-video-drivers/

(a $5,000 dollar reward if someone can make a working driver, if you don't want to read the link)

S.h.2001

Advertisement