Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core 2 duo temps question

Options
  • 22-01-2008 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hi all

just installed a watercooling setup, and have been pushing the ould E6600 to see what she can do. All i've done so far is leave the multiplier at 9X, left the voltages on "Auto" and just been pushing up the FSB..got her upto 3490Mhz stable using this method....i crash out at anything above this.....

anyway, my question is, based on the image below....at full load on both cores, the nvidia monitor shows a general CPU temp of 61C, and intels TAT give individual core temps of 53C and 54C....which temps should i be concerned with, or are they both relevant??

[URL="[URL=http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tempsoy3.jpg][IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7049/tempsoy3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]tempsoy3.th.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Tat should be right, download core temp to compare, should be the same. Never trust any motherboard utility as these temps are taken from different sensors on the board. They're probably the right temps but who knows where the sensors are exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

thanks PMT....thats what i was thinking alright...

i tried core temp aswell last night.....its readings were 2-3 degrees below TAT for each core...i'll just pick one, probobly TAT, and stick with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

if all the voltages are on auto and youve made it to 3.5ghz you can probably go a bit further :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

yep, thats the intention :)....just wanted to be clear on the temps first...my understanding is that I'm really gonna start generating the heat once i start pushing the voltages????

Advertisement