Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induced labour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

MrsA - Congratulations! That's fantastic news, and I'm glad to hear that both momma and babe are well.

I had a similar experience, in that when I had my dd, they told me on a Thursday (I was 6 days over) that they'd induce me on Tuesday if she hadn't come by then. That was because the hospital only does inductions one day a week and they didn't want me to go more than 2 weeks over. I was so determined not to be induced that I went into labour within 24 hours and had my dd that same day.

Anyway, guess your body and your wee man were just ready to be done with it. Now you and your husband have shared an amazingly powerful experience together (even if it wasn't done intentionally) and you are the proud momma of a baby boy. Congrats again and Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Class! Congratulations!

I'd love to experience that (delivering your own child).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations MrsA, I'm glad it went so well (and quickly) for you. Good luck to you, your hubby and your baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

Wow MrsA,,, so quick, thats fantastic that you are all well. Rest up and a big congrats to you and your hubby on the safe arrival of you little one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

i was induced on my 2nd baby as i had been in hospital for 2 days after my water broke.i couldnt move around freely with te drip in my arm.the ontractions were coming to quick as i wasnt fully dilated thepain was much worse than the first and i had to have the epidural sooner cause i couldnt stand the pain.im pregnant now and i hope togod i dont have to be induced again.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

I was induced on my daughter, gosh it was the longest day in the world..

right well I have to get this bit in coz I'm very proud of it lol... I sat my last leaving Certificate exam at noon on the 13th June 2006 (The exam was Community and Childcare) At 3pm that day i went for an appointment in the rutonda. I had been leaking fluids previous to the appointment and my baby was breached.

So got to the Hospital, The baby had turned wahoo... but heartbeat was fast. The doctors decided they would induce me the next day (my due date). I was kept in over night hooked up to the CGC machine to keep an eye on baby. Which may I add is the most uncomfortable thing ever (so restricting), Anyways night over.

I was brought to the induction ward at 10am where the first dose of gel was applied. I was told that if the first didn't work i would have to have a second dose applied.. So after 6 hours of reading, walking, talking etc. Still nothing. So doctor came to apply second dose, First off I got an internal, however the doctor managed to break my waters (by Accident) but continued to apply the second course of gel.

By this time it was 4.30pm so I had something to eat and wow the contractions came and they came with a bang. I was in agony and I mean agony lol.. Tried to walk the corridors but i was in too much pain, got in and out of bath about 3 times but was having hot flushes.. i spent about 3 hrs in total excrutiating pain before the midwife offered me pefidin (sorry bout spelling). That helped slightly but I was still in bits, stripping off in the ward and demanding that my boyfriend rub my back constantly.

9pm and I'm only one centimetre. sit about for another hour. Then finally at 10.30 i get brought into the delivery suite. I get given the epidural but I'm still in agony ok so my pain tolerance is very low lol... Midnight only 3 centimetres and i'm starving. The midwife tells me I cant eat anything but goes out and gets toast and tea for my partner ha ha..

So still in agony and only 3 centimetres after a very long day, the midwife gives me another dose of pefiden. I cant feel a thing and get told to rest and try to sleep.. Yeah right... My boyfriend falls asleep in minutes on a huge bean bag on the floor, only to be woke up after 25 minutes to be told baby is on the way... I could not feel anything while pushing and I mean nothing, no pressure, no pain, no anything... It was brillliant..

At 1.45am my baby girl entered the world and on seeing that it was a girl I screamed the hospital down after a pretty quiet labour...

Advertisement