Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games coming to the Xbox 360 in 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sweet jebus, I can almost feel my wallet trembling in terror!:p
    So far all that I've preordered is Burnout Paradise.

The Club and DMC4 are the next 2 on my list, but that's going to be a pretty damn big list by the end of the year...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some of those look pretty damn amazing (although they got alot of "Only on Xbox" wrong)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heh looks like the whole 'generic super soldier with big guns and **** off armour' aestethic style is going to continue this year ;)
    But a couple of interesting ones thats for sure: DMC4 and Rez HD will deffo be my next purchases once my red ring has been dealt with. But some of the more unique games such as Alan Wake are going to be the most interesting. If they ever come out that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A game of Highlander? With this and the new series of Knightrider, 2008 must be the greatest year ever!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Kiith wrote: »
    Some of those look pretty damn amazing (although they got alot of "Only on Xbox" wrong)
    "Only On Xbox" means it will only be on the Xbox 360 console m8. PC is exempt :) Gets most of those "Only on Xbox" titles aswell eventually. Just dont expect them appearing on PS3 or WII soon ;)

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    "Only On Xbox" means it will only be on the Xbox 360 console m8. PC is exempt :) Gets most of those "Only on Xbox" titles aswell eventually. Just dont expect them appearing on PS3 or WII soon ;)

Nick
    But most of the ones it says are Xbox only are coming out on PC and PS3 at the same time. That's what Kiith was pointing out.

humanji wrote: »
    But most of the ones it says are Xbox only are coming out on PC and PS3 at the same time. That's what Kiith was pointing out.
    You know me too well humanji :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I came quite close to pooping myself just now. Looks like another amazing year of gaming. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

What about KOTOR 3? Ive been waiting for that for a while.

kmick wrote: »
    What about KOTOR 3? Ive been waiting for that for a while.
    And you will be waiting for a while longer i would think. Didn't Bioware say they had an MMO in the works, and the word on the street said that it was the next Kotor game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Kiith wrote: »

We'll I went through the first 10 on the list, and they all seem to be "Only on xbox"
    NB: As the article states, Only on xbox does not include PC or mac platforms.

Age of Conan - Xbox Only
    Alan Wake - Xbox Only
    Banjo kazooie 3 - Xbox Only
    Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath - Xbox Only
    Crash Time - (no mention of PS3 version)
    Culdcept Saga - Xbox Only
    Dark Messiah Might and Magic Elements - Xbox Only
    Dead Island - Xbox Only
    Elveon - Xbox Only
    Fable 2 - Xbox Only

I'm interested to hear which ones are coming out on PS3 since you say most of them are? No doubt there are a few mis-labeled somewhere, but most...

The only "Only On Xbox" game to reach the PS3 off the top of my head is Lost Planet, no other ones made their way over afaik...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

mcgovern wrote: »

Alan Wake - Xbox Only

Alan Wake will be released on PC.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Vista exclusitivity too hehe :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

L31mr0d wrote: »
    mcgovern wrote: »

Alan Wake - Xbox Only

:confused:

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    :confused:
    The fella writing the arcticle must have made a mistake with that note (I missed it :D), but most the "Only For Xbox" games will only also come out for pc, its a microsoft marketing thing, so its not totally in-accurate either, but yeah the fella writing the article musnt be able to read :D because the IGN sites he links to say "Xbox 360, PC" in the platforms for the "Only on Xbox" games...

Nick

The fella writing the arcticle must have made a mistake with that note (I missed it :D), but most the "Only For Xbox" games will only also come out for pc, its a microsoft marketing thing, so its not totally in-accurate either, but yeah the fella writing the article musnt be able to read :D because the IGN sites he links to say "Xbox 360, PC" in the platforms for the "Only on Xbox" games...

Nick

Its stated at the top of the thread "Only on xbox does not include PC or mac platforms.":confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nick
    I know that. But he's pointing out the game is coming out for the PC when the bit he quoted says that isn't taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Arrgh, stop the confusion! Jeez!

Listen, the quote "Only on XBox does not include PC or Mac" means that the phrase "Only on XBox" is only to be applied to other consoles. In other words, where he says "Only on XBox" what he really means is that it is not coming out on PS3 or Wii. It may very well be coming out on PC, but he's only talking about consoles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

While we're on the topic, aside from all the PC games, N+ is listed as only on xbox when it's also out on DS and PSP.

And Rez and Ikaruga being only on xbox is a bit of a stretch when they're both ports of last gen games.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Who cares? :D

And Alan Wake is coming to PC pew pew etc

Actually, isn't saying "xbox only (not including PC and mac)" a bit of a cop out? They may as well say "xbox only (not including any other format)" and they can pretend they're exclusives.

Oh and Elveon is coming out on PS3 too.

Actually, isn't saying "xbox only (not including PC and mac)" a bit of a cop out? They may as well say "xbox only (not including any other format)" and they can pretend they're exclusives.

Oh and Elveon is coming out on PS3 too.

The author (who is just a random person like me and you) is obviously just interested in the 360/PS3/Wii battle.
    So Elveon is one (and that change must have been fairly recent as most sites still saying PC + X360 only), where are the rest that are coming out on PS3?

I hadn't read the the list makers post when I posted the original post (thought Yoy was pointing out that it was xbox360 not xbox. God knows why, but that's how my brain works). I still think that it's a cop out. The fanboyism just makes him look petty.

And I don't know if that's changed, but Age Of Conan, Alan Wake, Huxley, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Left 4 Dead were to be released in a PS3 format at one point. Don't know/care if the PS3 versions are cancelled or coming out in 2009, but they were at one point slated for a release.

Oh, and McGovern, you're now on my shìtlist because I had to look through that list again and noticed that Highlander may be cancelled. Thank's for crushing my dreams :(

I hadn't read the the list makers post when I posted the original post (thought Yoy was pointing out that it was xbox360 not xbox. God knows why, but that's how my brain works). I still think that it's a cop out. The fanboyism just makes him look petty.

And I don't know if that's changed, but Age Of Conan, Alan Wake, Huxley, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Left 4 Dead were to be released in a PS3 format at one point. Don't know/care if the PS3 versions are cancelled or coming out in 2009, but they were at one point slated for a release.

Oh, and McGovern, you're now on my shìtlist because I had to look through that list again and noticed that Highlander may be cancelled. Thank's for crushing my dreams :(

Alan Wake is a Microsoft Games Studio release and has been for years.
    Huxley will supposedly allow cross platform play, so wasn't slated for PS3 as its not currently possible.
    Ninja Gaiden 2 on PS3 was only a rumour based off Team Ninja several years ago saying they hadn't decided what platforms to make the game on.

Not sure about the rest, but I do agree posting "Only on Xbox" makes it look petty, he should have put "Console Exclusive" or similar to clear up the confusion.

And yet you conveniently ignore my point on Highlander! You're only making it worse! :P

Advertisement