Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day???

• 22-01-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what all ye're plans for Valentines day are.
    Basically, i need suggestions!!!
    I've been with my bf nearly two years. Neither of us sees valentines day as hugely important. I'd be of the opinion that u shouldnt need a special day to do something special. But things have been a bit up and down recently so i gess it would be nice to make the effort and hopefully get things back on track.
    Anyway he asked me last night what i wanted to do, and i just drew a blank. I know most people go for meals but i cant do that. I'm not sure if going away is an option with work and all, sooooo....... I need help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

At least you can go somewhere.
    Last valentines day was also our 6 month anniversary,(he did send a dozen roses to work - first time i ever got flowers sent to me - and i'm 27!!) He called down to my house and we watch tv in bed and then he took me for sunday lunch a few weeks later...so this valentines day, it is our 18 month anniversary...i'm not expecting much.

He's a farmer you see, and jan - april is his busiest times with the calving season..
    But to tell you the truth, i dont mind what we do so long as i see him...even if he has to run off after a while to see to a calving cow..

why dont ye just stay in, make dinner or get a take away, few bottles of wine or whatever and watch a dvd..a nice romantic one...i love "alot like love", nice romantic film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I'm not big into Valentine's day either but it is nice to do something. Last year we stayed in and made a nice dinner lit a few candles and opened a few bottles of wine, played some nice music and just relaxed. Much better than sitting in a crowded restaurant just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

The staying in idea sounds ok, but we always stay in. so it kinda feels like it wouldnt be special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I have no major plans for it. Don't think it's really a big deal. Wouldn't mind staying in and getting a dvd or something. I hope I get flowers though, or even just one rose would be nice. Don't know if he'll think of it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I always tell Mr F not to buy me flowers on the day as the florists just take the p*ss with the prices. He usually gives me a big bunch of pink roses a few days before and a single rose on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

I'm going to see Blood Brothers, not particularly "valentines day-esque" but something nice to do. Will go for dinner before as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Will probably stay in and make dinner as we're saving. We both have to get a booster travel vaccination the day before though so can't even have wine with dinner :( Should be on a beach in Brazil for next Valentines though so probably shouldn't complain! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

I'm going to spend the day in the library, awfully romantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

well i was with my guy six months is well last feb and i felt awful as im a full time student with no money and he must of at least spent a good half a grand on me. flowers, chocolates, champagne, dinner and the new (at the time) nano ipod. this year he taking me away for two days. all i know is we going on a train.

regarding spicing up things for yourselves. that's easy put on his fav outfit that you own, make a collection of his fav songs on a cd and play it and cook his fav meal. i done that for my guy for his bday on a low budget and he loved it.

Advertisement