Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlecomer - whats it like to live in?

Options
  • 22-01-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of moving from Kilkenny city to Castlecomer as it would be closer to work but I don't know anyone living there or from there, so I was wondering if anyone could share any impressions of whats it like to live in?

Are the pubs ok? Is it dead in the evenings or is there stuff going on like exercise classes etc? Is there anywhere to get a decent meal out? Is it a hassle getting taxi drivers to go there from Kilkenny on a weekend night?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Castlecomer is grand. It has a bit of a bad reputation i.e. drugs, but you can avoid that if you know what areas to avoid.
    The pubs are cool, Saturday is usually a good night for music in pubs. "The Vaults" is a real nice place to go.
    It's fairly dead most evenings, think there might be salsa starting soon in the community hall and there used to be aerobics.
    You'd have to go to Kilkenny/Carlow for an evening meal. But on weekends during the day, the golf club do food...really good food:D
    The price of a taxi depends on the taxi driver!

Hope this helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Castlecomer is a nice little place..its quiet..The people are nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hate the place...lived here for 10 years...I ****ing hate it....full of skangers and druggies... It's good for sports though....

MsFifers wrote: »
    I'm thinking of moving from Kilkenny city to Castlecomer as it would be closer to work but I don't know anyone living there or from there, so I was wondering if anyone could share any impressions of whats it like to live in?

Are the pubs ok? Is it dead in the evenings or is there stuff going on like exercise classes etc? Is there anywhere to get a decent meal out? Is it a hassle getting taxi drivers to go there from Kilkenny on a weekend night?

Thanks!
    The vaults would be the best most sit down and chill kinda pub,It depends what kind of excercising your into, Team sports,martial arts and so on, Nowhere to eat at night, it's no problem getting taxi's. Better getting local ones, and booking them back from town, it's cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hask1965

stay where ya our drugs fighting stadings good school eurospar 3 pubs nice woods fishing give it ago why not :confused:

• Advertisement

hask1965 wrote: »
    stay where ya our drugs fighting stadings good school eurospar 3 pubs nice woods fishing give it ago why not :confused:
    Cos it's a ****hole and the school is ****?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

hask1965 wrote: »
    Using the 20 words above, try and construct a meaningful sentence...

well said razz

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I grew up in comer, and would recommend you stay where you are msFifers. It's a hole of drugs, fighting and boy racers.

dont forget the drugs stabbing boy racers pervs plenty of them if ya like all of them things mov e to comer :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement