Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark shadow when painting

Options
  • 22-01-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    When painting walls, I generally cut in by brush where they join the ceiling then use a roller over the main area, repeating the process 2 or 3 times However, when I'm finished there often seems to be a shadow along the very top of the wall where I used the brush, as if using a brush results in a darker coat or a different texture. It's not hugely noticeable but definitely exists.

Am I doing something wrong??

Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    bobjim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shaneh

Hey Bobjim, no expert in this area myself but we did do some painting at home recently. Perhaps you're applying more paint with the brush than the roller. If so, it might take longer for this paint to dry so the wall may have dried quicker resulting in difference in colour. Give it a day or 2 and see what it's like.

The oppposite could also have happened. If you used too little paint perhaps the previous wall colour is still showing through? Was it a dark colour?

Also is there any shadows falling over this area near the ceiling from lighting in the room. Perhaps it's just a shadow being created and giving this effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I've had it myself. It's that the paintbrush isn't loaded with paint to the same level as the roller.
    Give it a second coat and it will disappear.

Advertisement