Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aikido in Galway

• 22-01-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any Aikido schools in Galway?
    Did it a few years back with Seamus Naughton but I cant find any info about his club online.

Thanks,
    G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check with NUIG, there is Aikido in the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any Aikido schools in Galway?
    Did it a few years back with Seamus Naughton but I cant find any info about his club online.

Thanks,
    G

There is Aikido in the 'Galway City School of Judo' and possibly in 'Cravan House Judo club'

I saw a few aikido-ka (correct term?!?!) in Shantalla youth club previously, also some Ki-Aikido guys in St Josephs Hall (correct name?!?!), at the end of Mill Street just past New Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Is it Diarmuid who teaches in the UCG club and possibly elsewhere. Always remembered him being a cool guy!

www.aikido.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Yeah theres a club in Creavan House, they train Tuesdays and Fridays at 8 i think...

Alternatively try the Judo in Creavan house, as a convert I highly recommend it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

What side of the city are you?
    An Aikido club has just started up in the Point Blank Gym on Tuesdays. PM me for contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

columok wrote: »
    Is it Diarmuid who teaches in the UCG club and possibly elsewhere. Always remembered him being a cool guy!

www.aikido.ie

Yea I think he does with a few other guys....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

columok wrote: »

www.aikido.ie

Yeah, I met Diarmuid today at AIkido.

Sound guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 danerb

Just text Ronan from Galway Aikido Club and there's a class on firday at 7pm. I think 1.5 hours. 20E membership and 5e per class??

Galway Aikido Club
    Oldenway Business Park, Ballybrit,Galway
    (We are still in the NUIG for students only. Times for summer there are, Thursday 18:30, but this may change)
    Classes: Tuesday 20:00-21:30, Friday 18:00-19:30
    Instructors: J. Rogers 6th dan
    Diarmuid Lavelle 3rd dan
    Ronan Kane 2nd dan
    Enquiries: Tel:+353(0)87 2611854 (Ronan)

directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Oldenway+Business+Park,+Monivea+Road,+Galway&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.273371,55.546875&ie=UTF8&ll=53.288872,-9.005828&spn=0.006875,0.013561&z=16

This is a link to other contact around the country: http://www.aikido.ie/dojos.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pm01

For anyone still interested in this thread, there's a new aikido club starting in Galway in May 2011.

For details see:
    www.atlanticaikido.com

Advertisement