Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW, Skoda or GSF for parts?

Options
  • 22-01-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I have to replace a Coolant Temperature Sensor and Sealing ring for a 1.2 polo - year 2003.
    The cost is about €33 from VW and Skoda parts dept's and about €18 from GSF carparts.

Is there much of a difference in tolerances of the parts?
    Or are they all made in the same big factory and the big boys mark up the prices...
    I believe the sensor reports to the ECU and controls the amount of fuel sent to the injectors which affects emmissions and mpg.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

A fair few parts GSF sell are made by the same company who make genuine parts.
    I had to get a coil pack for a 106 gti, it was around 300euro from peugeot and 98+vat from GSF, same make and part number as the genuine one I took off the car.

I'd go with GSF for the temp sensor.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I've always been nervous of GSF after seeing a documentary a few years ago where they were exposed selling counterfeit parts in the UK that failed various quality tests. They obviously claimed it was all a big mistake and have rectified things, but for me that was that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement