Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting

Options
  • 22-01-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If you are looking for practical advice this forum is probably not the best place. If you are looking for opinions on your spirituality if you were to convert I'll give my 2 cents, but bear in mind i'm not in the situation so I cannot possibly understand. I would be dubious about anybody moving to be with a b/f with who they have had a long distance relationship. But as I said, I have never been in the situation.How long have you two been together?

Firstly, are you a practising christian or like me, were you brought up christian but have your own beliefs?

how is your b/f reacting to his family insisting you convert?

Would it be possible for you to placate the family by studying Islam, perhaps if you explained how you would convert if forced but would prefer to do it out of love for their beliefs, if they give you time to study it then your conversion would be "truer".

If you do not convert and the family do not embrace you as a "good" person as opposed to a "muslim" person then you should be careful. You could end up in a country where you know very few people, and the ones you do know are against you.

Perhaps you could post in the Islam forum?

Advertisement