Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DMC4 - Japanese demo this week?

• 22-01-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230818
    http://www.capcom-fc.com/devil4column/2008/01/post_25.html

Seems a Japanese demo might be released for Devil May Cry 4 this week (Thursday). Going by MS/XBL recent trends the demo will probably be available to gold account users for the first week and everyone else after that. If you start a new Japanese account, it should have gold for a month, right?

Not clear if the demo is being released for PS3 at the same time too, so just posting it here for now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pity I don't have the means to set up a japanese account :( Really looking forward to this game. Devil May Cry 3 was an amazing game so I hope this one is just as good (and from the videos it certainly looks it). They say they are toning down the difficulty level for this game but I think it's only in relation to the admittedly stupidly tough american version. The PAL release had the difficulty balanced perfectly other than a baptism of fire first boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hoping they won't have that restriction on it (fat chance) or that the PS3 demo is released at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Am I the only one NOT looking forward to this game? I had DMC1 + 2 on the ps and loved em, I played 3 for the guts of a weekend in my cousins house and I hated it, judging by the vid I saw on gamer.tv the other day, again it looks like more of the same ****, different day!

I wouldnt mind, I didnt think the graphics were as fluid as the screenshots!

Might have been an early video shown though....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How could you not like DMC3 if you liked DMC1? It took everything that made DMC1 good and just made it bigger and so much better. It was a monumental improvement on the original.

DMC2 never happened I tells you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just playing DMC3 now (skipped one and two cos I couldn't find them in work). It's fun, but I'm not finding it too hard. After all I have finished Ninja Gaiden Black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Gamertv didn't give it the best of reviews. 6/10: Easy boss battles, annoying puzzles that take away from the main game to name a few things.

Was listening to the 1up podcast and they also seem a tad disappointed in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Devil May Cry 3 was good?? I gave up after DMC2 because it sucked so bad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just playing DMC3 now (skipped one and two cos I couldn't find them in work). It's fun, but I'm not finding it too hard. After all I have finished Ninja Gaiden Black.

I actually found NGB a breeze compared to the constant onslaught that was DMC3. Some of the bosses in the latter brought me close to tears (I think there was some half woman/snake thing which made me want to quit gaming for good).

Looking foward to the new one, but have an inkling that it will be a minor advancement from the third one. A sequel by the numbers would be disapoiniting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DMC3 was possibly the hardest game I've ever played, I fought that bloke on top of the tower then lost interest quickly.

Evolute wrote: »
    Devil May Cry 3 was good?? I gave up after DMC2 because it sucked so bad

It's your loss. DMC 2 was by a completely different team to DMC 1 and 3. DMC 2 is widely regarded as a complete sham of a game. Shinji Mikami came back on board to produce DMC 3 after he saw how bad DMC 2 was.

I never play the DMC games on the easy mode, normal all the way. Easy mode just spoils the game since it's the challenge that makes it fun. The games become complete button mashing borefests without the strategy needed in normal mode.

I also found Ninja Gaiden a complete breeze as well compared to DMC 3. Blocking is far too effective and after the first boss battle you should pretty much have the game sussed and know how it expects you to play it. Alma was tough but nothing a few fireballs and a healing potion didn't fix for me. I've only played the PAL version of DMC 3. Normal mode on the american release is meant to be as tough as hard mode on the PAL release.

I've a feeling that this will probably be a sequel by the numbers but it's kind of hard to improve on DMC 3 since it got it so right.

• Advertisement

Isn't it getting a worldwide release or close to one at the end of the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'll give it a go if we get the demo tomorrow!

Ninja Gaiden 2 ftw!

I have to say I waaaaay preferred Ninja Gaiden to DMC, still have it at home....

The new one looks class....

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Isn't it getting a worldwide release or close to one at the end of the month?

The game itself is out start of next month (the 8th, I think), so even if we don't get the demo it's not that long a wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Never got around to finishing the first game and because of that I didn't play 2 or 3 despite owning all 3 of them. Really must go back and play them. Actually I didn't get all that far in the first game before something caused me to stop (I remember fighting
    a big spider boss
    , beat him and then stopped. [edit] Looking at a walkthrough I got to about mission 12 before I stopped).

Anyway, is there continuity between the games or are they standalone? I'll probably get 4 regardless.

It's not a game you play for storylines. DMC 2 is a sequel to DMC 1 but shinji mikami was pretty disgusted with the end result that he considers it non-canon. It's also a load of **** so not worth playing. DMC 3 is a prequel to DMC 1 so newbies won't feel left out if they haven't played the first game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

dmc4 demo is up now and is a 613 mb download , no need to use a jap / us account.

Guess who'll be heading home early today :)

:(
    Stuck in work all day and then a do after work. Blegh!
    Post impressions!

Downloading it now on my PS3 (gotta use it for something ;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Just played it there. Seems okay. It's the first time I've played DMC mind.

Very short demo and you only play as Nero. I wanted to use Dante, he'll be playable in this game right?

Graphics are nice and the combat is what you'd expect, boss fight was easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

My live expired yesterday, anyone know if its Gold only for the moment?

Will defo be getting a new subscription just for this tomorrow.

If it is Gold only, you could just use a 48 hour code if you don't want to get a subscription. If you don't have a code already (they come with some games), there is another thread here on how to get a free one, or if that doesn't work drop me a PM (I'm sure I still have some of those codes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Yup, got a code courtesy ofthis thread.

Not sure if it will work though, the trials dont give access to features apparently, only multi player. Cheers for the offer btw koneko.

They don't? Didn't know that, you learn something new every day.
    You could always start another account, it'll have 1 month free Gold anyway :)

Gets a big thumbs up from me. Plays really smoothly as you would expect from the series. Dante plays very similarly to dante except his gun is a bit weaker. Love his grab move. The game looks gorgeous as well running at a constant smooth 60 fps, which is unusual for a demo. Boss fight is a bit on the easy side but he seems to be a very early one (I hope) since his life bar drops very quickly. At least it isn't a bastard hard first boss fight like Cerberus in DMC 3 :)

Anyway I'll be picking this up the day it gets released.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gets a big thumbs up from me. Plays really smoothly as you would expect from the series. Dante plays very similarly to dante except his gun is a bit weaker. Love his grab move. The game looks gorgeous as well running at a constant smooth 60 fps, which is unusual for a demo. Boss fight is a bit on the easy side but he seems to be a very early one (I hope) since his life bar drops very quickly. At least it isn't a bastard hard first boss fight like Cerberus in DMC 3 :)

Anyway I'll be picking this up the day it gets released.
    That would make sense though wouldn't it?

:p

He means Nero plays similarly to Dante, of course.

• Advertisement

koneko wrote: »
    :p

He means Nero plays similarly to Dante, of course.

Sure he does....

Advertisement