Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Excessive Revs Fiesta 97 ghia

Options
  • 22-01-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

About a week ago I noticed that my Fiesta's Revs are very slow to come down when foot is off accelerator. Particularly when changing down gears. She can climb as high as 4000 when clutch is pressed to change gears.

An old school mechanic friend of my Dad's reckoned it might be a sensor glitch (which would be out of his league). The pedals feel normal so I really don't think the accelerator is stuck in any way.

She's drinking fuel like to no time because of this, and is slower to come to a stop from anything over 50kph.

Any ideas guys? I know I know, take it to a garage, but I'm a bit strapped for cash at the minute.....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

sounds like your vss is gone .diconnect the 3 pin plug coming from your gearbox speed sensor and see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

ford jedi wrote: »
    sounds like your vss is gone .diconnect the 3 pin plug coming from your gearbox speed sensor and see how it goes

Yes exactly what he said or it could be the Air Flow sensor that is bolted onto the intake manifold. Try the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Niceone. I'll check that out this evening. I'll let ye know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

My 97 Fiesta Encore (the 1.3 engine) has been doing the same thing for a while. Not all the time or anything but enough to be a little bit irritating. If that fix works let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

well another person mentioned that it could be moisture on the sensor. With the ****ty wether we've been having I wouldn't be surprised....

• Advertisement
Advertisement