Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large White truck...

Options
  • 22-01-2008 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

is parked every single night in the 2nd part of the wood. The other night it was parked so far past the corner to get by it you could mount the footpath or go the other way..The night I'm referring I was feet away from cleaning a kid of his bike.

Aesthetically it is destroying the area but far more serious to that is someone is going to get badly hurt.

I've phoned the Wyse (twice) to resolve this issue, who have assured me they have actioned on it already and I'd suggest to anyone who has kids or are concerned about the truck to report it also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Clearly, if the truck is still there, Wyse have NOT actioned on it already, or at least not to a satisfactory degree.

Contact the residents' association. Their e-mail address is in the links sticky at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 katek

I will call Wyse today also as I am very concerned about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

We brought it up at the AGM (which I might add we still have not received any minutes for) saying it was a danger and asked that the road be set to one way going clockwise... again we have heard nothing on it from them, they also said they would address it in the 2006 AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

The truck was parked there last night and was still there this morning. Although I live on the opposite side of the communal green, I see the truck every day.

It is parked in a very awkward place, so much so that you almost have to "breathe in" to drive past it :rolleyes:

I doubt Wyse has done much about it, as I mentioned already, I see the truck every single day in the same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Hi

well I've phoned them twice now, last Thursday and this morning. I'm going to hound Wyse until this is resolved. Wyse and co will be very disappointed the day an accident actually happens...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is there anything in the house rules about parking commercial vehicles in the estate?

On another note re: parking - I was out pushing the buggies with the little one in it the other day and was crossing the road from Charlesland Wood to get to Surperquinn. I was using the pedestrian crossing with the ramps and some little fecker flew over the ramps just as I was walking out. Now he got as much a fright as I did but it wasn't just his speeding, it was the fact that two cars parked on the cycle path blocked his view of seeing me in the first place. The way I see it, that parking on the path needs to stop NOW! Sending email to the commitee!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

Hi wrote: »
    is parked every single night in the 2nd part of the wood. The other night it was parked so far past the corner to get by it you could mount the footpath or go the other way..The night I'm referring I was feet away from cleaning a kid of his bike.

Aesthetically it is destroying the area but far more serious to that is someone is going to get badly hurt.

I've phoned the Wyse (twice) to resolve this issue, who have assured me they have actioned on it already and I'd suggest to anyone who has kids or are concerned about the truck to report it also.

Yes I've seen this on walks with mrs grey and we bought thought it was very bad. We also have a similar problem over on our side in the park, there's a big white unmarked van parked on the green every night directly facing you as you drive in the estate, not only is it an eyesore but extremely dangerous as it's so easy for a kid to run out from behind it and not notice until the last second, I have reported it to the mgnt company but they say unless they know who the owner is that there's nothing they can do...I'm still on the hunt for the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I got home at roughly 6pm and it wasn't parked. But having just looked out the window 8.25pm, what do you know? There it is parked, but it's not quite at the bend and is facing a different direction. Regardless of direction and all that malarky, it shouldn't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

astrofluff wrote: »
    Is there anything in the house rules about parking commercial vehicles in the estate?

I would hope not for the sake of the people who only have a company van to get around.

I'd never have any issue with commercial vehicles parking in the estates, however someone parking a tractor unit and virtually blocking access for other vehicles is not on.

How long before an ambulance can't get through?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Em maybe the guy who drives the truck is just trying to make a living:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

And em! Where would you draw the line on that one Dubit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

In Seabourne it states on the rules that commercial vehicles cannot park there. They do. I think it's going abit far with rules saying they can't park outside their apartment. Having said they they all park in actually spaces. The white van would seriously annoy me. Don't get me started on the cars that park on the cycle track!

This is not about making a living using commercial vehicles nor is it about parking in legitimate spaces, it's safety...The truck is too big for the narrow roads in the estate, simple. Having experienced it the other night I'm telling you it is only a matter of time before someone is knocked down.

If I can get an email address I'll send emails to Wyse so in the event of an accident there is sufficient evidence that they were aware of it. Wyse have the house number and contact details and if the estate was managed effectively should have some person on site that could call round to the property.

Wyse's e-mail address is in the Useful Numbers and Links sticky at the top of the forum.

Dubit, nobody is trying to stop anyone earning a living, however if the vehicle is parked in an irresponsible or dangerous manner then surely we, as residents, have every right to look out for our own safety and have something done about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

This truck is my pet hate, everytime I have to drive around it I have an image of a kid flying out in front of the car as it directly impacts visability. Thankfully I don't have to look out my window at it all the time, but my heart goes out to those residents who do have to look at that eyesore every day. I have been in touch with Wyse also...but no feedback to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

On the Park side up near where there is extra parking spaces for visitors near the main road/long green, there is a "very long yellow pick up truck for broken down cars" - can't think of name!!! (and a white van - is this the one you are talking about?) Doesn't look too good there and kindof blocks up all the extra parking if it was needed...but that said, doesn't really do too much harm/bother me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Has anyone had a response from Wyse on any issue they've raised? I've contacted them twice on the double yellow line on corners issue and have heard nothing.

I'm interested to see what effect the letter from Wyse has on the white truck...my guess is nothing will happen but I'll keep chasing until something does.

Thanks to the people who made Wyse aware of the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 delgany

Does anyone know why the parking spaces outside Seabourne have been blocked off with trees in planters? It seems a bit of a waste if the parking spaces are short...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

I thought this was to prevent the large white truck getting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ITGirl33

Hi wrote: »
    This is not about making a living using commercial vehicles nor is it about parking in legitimate spaces, it's safety...The truck is too big for the narrow roads in the estate, simple. Having experienced it the other night I'm telling you it is only a matter of time before someone is knocked down.

If I can get an email address I'll send emails to Wyse so in the event of an accident there is sufficient evidence that they were aware of it. Wyse have the house number and contact details and if the estate was managed effectively should have some person on site that could call round to the property.

To have someone on site it would cost the management company (who are us, the OWNERS) a crazy amount. you would need to incorporate the cost of someone to be on-call into the budget costs. I suggest you speak to Wyse and ask them to call the owner. In my experiences if you speak to the managing agent they will get it done as emails somnetimes dont filter through to the proper agent.

Advertisement