Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three

Options
  • 22-01-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

has anyone taken these to court? I cant believe all the stuff on these forums, issues, complaints.

it seems amazing in this day and age they get away will all this shoddy service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

In which aspect are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

well, duh.

people are hardly happy with three! so many complaints you would need one heck of a lawyer!:D

I just find it absurd they can get away with this, with all their bs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes at least oen boards user has taken them to the small claims court and won. take a look at the 3 thread in the broadband forum

CV I dont have a day spare to read that thread lad!

All the grief they have caused people is shocking tbh.

They should simply be not a provider anymore...

Well while you may see alot of complaints on this forum, you would hardly post if you were satisfied or content with your mobile provider.
    There are really from my experience two main complaints from threes customer base that use boards.ie.

1. Mobile Broadband not performing as advertised.

This may have been an issue for some people but as a three broadband customer I have never had a problem that I have not been able to solve. While this seems to be a problem exclusivley with three, this is not the case. This will be a problem with the whole integration of HSDPA based broadband networks. o2 and vodafone are also experiencing problems as wherever you have a high number of people using a mobile network in a contrated area you will have congestion. Unfortunatley this is just a problem with mobile networks in general. This is why it is almost impossible to make a call or text someone at 00:00 on new years as everyone else is trying to do so. So everyone will have problems with this, especially in Dublin as there is so many people using it already and that is why people experience slow speeds. Too many people trying to use it and not enough bandwidth.

2 Customer care is not particularly good.

This is because of one thing and one thing only. The customer care is based in India and in general, they will have trouble understanding our accents. This is something that can be improved on but there is customer care there at least and they are always quite helpful.

All the above are problems but by no means grounds for a lawsuit.

I have three mobile broadband and a threepay handset and have never really had a problem with them. There service is excellent and I would recommend them to someone.
    I am also not an employee of three Ireland but rather an unbiased customer and I have used all four networks in Ireland.

• Advertisement

So in general, you hear alot more complaints here than compliments on service.

CV I dont have a day spare to read that thread lad!
    he only mentioned it in the past page or two

This is because of one thing and one thing only. The customer care is based in India and in general, they will have trouble understanding our accents. This is something that can be improved on but there is customer care there at least and they are always quite helpful.

that is absolutely, 100% not the problem. they can always understand what i'm saying perfectly and i can always understand them. the problem with them is the fact that they were rice farmers last week and now they have a script full of incorrect information that they never deviate from. for example:

on the 17th of september my mobile broadband on my phone stopped working. i looked here and saw the same had happened to everyone. i tried multiple phones and it was the same on all of them. when i called 3 they refused to acknowledge that there might be a problem with the network for about 4 months, thereby prolonging the problem.

here is the post i made at the time:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153263

the problem with 3 customer care is their solutions to problems are:

1. take the battery out

2. wait 24 hours

3. wait 48 hours (after waiting 24 hours)

4. ehhhhhhhh, ehhhhh, (hang up)

can i send an envelope of anthrax to their HQ?

please..........

the problem with them is the fact that they were rice farmers last week and now they have a script full of incorrect information that they never deviate from. for example:

Thats a bit harsh isnt it,

I dont disagree that alot of what they are saying is scripted but they always try at least. I would not be surprised if alot of the people working in their customer care base are not graduates.

• Advertisement

Also I was speaking from my own experience with them.

I have not got a particularly thick accent so I can just imaging their difficulty with someone who has. I have worked in call centers and have had trouble understanding alot of accents.

Thats a bit harsh isnt it,

I dont disagree that alot of what they are saying is scripted but they always try at least. I would not be surprised if alot of the people working in their customer care base are not graduates.
    i don't know whether they refuse or are simply incapable. I don't think its their fault. They were never given the training necessary to do their job. Anything more complicated than a balance check has to be sent to the people who know what they're talking about (ie the people in scotland). That's why a replacement sim takes two days to go through instead of the 10 minutes (or less) it takes with the other networks

and i get the feeling they get in trouble for passing things on instead of dealing with them. So you're left talking to someone who hasn't been informed that a problem exists and has no idea how to fix it but risks losing his job if he transfers you to someone who can help

Get the same impression. But at least they try to help.

Get the same impression. But at least they try to help.

they do try to help but if i want sympathy, i'll call the samaritans. when i call customer care, i want a solution to my problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I am a fairly harsh critic of three, but some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous.

I disagree with this also. I rarely have a problem communicating with them, my issue with three is that they rarely deviate from the script.
    that is absolutely, 100% not the problem. they can always understand what i'm saying perfectly and i can always understand them. the problem with them is the fact that they were rice farmers last week and now they have a script full of incorrect information that they never deviate from. for example:

While I agree with your principle, the rice farmers comment is kind of offensive.

Is this relevant? Would you be surprised if the people phoning the customer service people were not graduates either? What about the other posters on boards.ie?

randomer wrote: »
    While I agree with your principle, the rice farmers comment is kind of offensive.

i was being dramatic. i realise they weren't rice farmers. they probably farmed wheat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

can i send an envelope of anthrax to their HQ?

please..........

why bother, they'll just ignore it like they do their customers, the regulatory bodies and the courts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Their customer care is awful. I just rang them there (their technical department) asking about firmware updates for phones. He had never heard of firmware updates. I had to explain very slowly that phones have software on them and that it can be updated. He still didn't get it. Eventually he asked me to just search on Google.

On the first day I joined, I rang them and they bizarrely cancelled my contract over the phone. I had to then go into the shop but the call centre staff refused to allow me to sign up again (because they didn't understand the problem.) The shop were forced to refund my money and get me to sign up for a new contract.

Basically they don't have a clue and they have very poor English. Not good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I have to say language has never really been an issue for me but their training certainly has. It's like they are 'minding the shop' until real CS and TS come back from lunch - sadly, lunch in 3 has lasted well over 6 months for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spudsky

For anyone thinking if taking a contract with three. Please don't! After taking out a contract I was told if I had no signal ring customer service within 2 weeks and my contract would be cancelled.

2 months on I am still phoning them, I still can't get on the internet and my phone doesn't always have calls coming through.

I have clocked up over 20 phone calls, over 10 hours and emailed numerous times. It is the worse network I have ever had, and due to the lack of signal I can not use FaceTime, Skype or the internet so my costs are increasing due to calling all the time- significant for me cause I use these channels to contact my family abroad.

Three are the WORST network, customer service and signal providers in the world. Don't bother with them!

If anyone can provide advice on what I can do please let me know. I don't want anything to do with them now, they have had 2 months And all we have done is go around in circles. Please help/advise.

• Advertisement

For anyone thinking if taking a contract with three. Please don't! After taking out a contract I was told if I had no signal ring customer service within 2 weeks and my contract would be cancelled.

2 months on I am still phoning them, I still can't get on the internet and my phone doesn't always have calls coming through.

I have clocked up over 20 phone calls, over 10 hours and emailed numerous times. It is the worse network I have ever had, and due to the lack of signal I can not use FaceTime, Skype or the internet so my costs are increasing due to calling all the time- significant for me cause I use these channels to contact my family abroad.

Three are the WORST network, customer service and signal providers in the world. Don't bother with them!

If anyone can provide advice on what I can do please let me know. I don't want anything to do with them now, they have had 2 months And all we have done is go around in circles. Please help/advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Spudsky wrote: »
    Three are the WORST network, customer service and signal providers in the world.

Have you been on every network in the world?

Walkman wrote: »

Have you been on every network in the world?

Pretty much. I have used them in Australia, Costa Rica, UK, Isle of Man, New Zealand, Thailand, russia, USA and more. So you can pretty much say I have tested every continent and by far this is the worst!

Costa Rica was bad for breaking off and coming back up. But by far they had a better network and service provider so being online was faster.

The Isle of Man would have been the fastest by far, and it's literally across the water. So why is it difficult in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Spudsky wrote: »
    Pretty much. I have used them in Australia, Costa Rica, UK, Isle of Man, New Zealand, Thailand, russia, USA and more. So you can pretty much say I have tested every continent and by far this is the worst!

Costa Rica was bad for breaking off and coming back up. But by far they had a better network and service provider so being online was faster.

The Isle of Man would have been the fastest by far, and it's literally across the water. So why is it difficult in Ireland?

Why are you resurrecting a thread thats 5yrs old. I appreciate you are new to boards, but the Mods frown on the idea of opening up ancient threads. Better off to start a new one.

Sorry. Like you say I am new and didn't know how to start a thread. I will look into. Thanks for the tip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement