Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommended UK Car Dealers

Options
  • 22-01-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Does anybody have any good/bad experiences with UK car dealers used for importing cars from UK to Ireland?
    Considering the idea at the moment and would appreciate any recommendations - either positive or negative
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I had a very good experience with a BMW main dealer but my sister in law had a poor experience with a Mercedes dealer, as here you will get good and bad, it is the motor trade after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I purchased from parklands audi in Gloucester 2 years ago and have had no problems with the car so far (touch wood).

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/partner_uk/uk_481.html

Excellent service.I felt that I was the only customer in the garage by the way they treated me.I willl be going back to buy my next car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 screensurfer

Try Listers in Stratford on Avon.Main dealers for VW, Audi, Toyota and more.I bought A6 two years ago and saved 4K. My brother bought VW touran and saved 4k versus Irish prices.Never buy in Ireland again.UK main dealers know how to treat customers and don't wait to follow up for repeat business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Keep an eye on ebay user "dublinonmymind", bought a civic off him before and wouldn't hesitate to buy another car - very accomodating. He (Steve Prince) works in Hexagon car sales in Harrowgate, they do a lot of top end stuff but have a few bargains as well.

Advertisement